Chapter 7

Morning

Dan's point of view

I woke up at 8:00 from my bed with a huge adrenaline rush. Today's the day that I show Barodius a good time - compared to the studying he told me about. Last night, Drago led me to grab a Darkus castle knight uniform with a helmet (since they were the most unused), and I hid it in my room. Hopefully it fits. I stuff the clothes in my backpack that I brough here and some Neathian cash (that Fabia gave all of the Battle Brawlers to help enjoy ourselves). I then put the bag to side of my bed and leave to meet with everyone in the control room.

(This is what it looks like)

Once I arrive, I spot Shun and Fabia talking to each other

Once I arrive, I spot Shun and Fabia talking to each other. Marucho and Jake soon came in too.

"Ok you guys. Remember what we talked about yesterday." Fabia begins.

"Of course Fabia/your highness!" Marucho and Aquamos respond.

"Yep." I agree.

Shun nods.

"Alright. However, I will remind you just in case. All of the working shields will be put down for the remainder of the day for maintenance. That means we all have to be even more alert if the Gundalians attack. With that note, please enjoy yourselves." Fabia explains.

"Will do Fabia." We all say.

Fabia then orders a castle knight, and he turns off the shield. This is my chance. While everyone else was gone, I went to my room to grab my bag. Once I had it, me and Drago head out of the castle to the meeting spot. Whenever people asked where I was going, I just told them I was going out, which wasn't a lie. The others wouldn't worry about me either. Shun and Jake would be training the castle knights, and Marucho and Fabia would be working on the shield maintenance.

I got the meeting spot at around 9:45. I was super eager to see Barodius today.  A bright light appears just as quickly as it came leaving Barodius there.

"Hey, I see you came here okay."

"I thought that you two wouldn't make it." Drago comments.

"Really Drago?" I say as I slightly tilt my head to him.

"It was alright. Just some paperwork and more reports from everyone, especially Kazarina." Barodius sighs.

"Let me guess, reporting for Exocore's upgrades."

"Yes." Dharak answers.

"Well, you know the plan. Turn into a human. I can't wait to see it."

Dharak floats to my side while Barodius closes his eyes and concentrates. Just then, another colorful light appears (but not as bright as the light that he appeared in) around him. After it disappears, a human male was left standing (see image above for reference). I was shocked.

"Yeah, I know. It looks weird."

"Barodius! I don't know what your ideas are for weird but you look great."

"I have to agree with him master." Dharak adds as he floats to him.

I hand Barodius the castle knight uniform. "Here put this on."

Barodius's point of view

I take the uniform and go to a covered area nearby. I quickly put it on and step out.

"That looks alright. Here, I will put your clothes in my bag."

I give Dan my clothes which he stuffs into his backpack.

"Now that I think about it, why didn't you use this form when we met up?" Dan asks curiously.

"I didn't know how. Gundalians get taught when they turn 13. Are we leaving now?"

"Okay let's go!"

Dharak goes into my helmet (since it was big enough) as Dan drags me away. Within a few minutes, I was standing near the Neathian capital. I couldn't believe that I was here. There was a bunch of castle knights around the area working on construction of the damaged homes and buildings. Hopefully, no one recognizes me.

--------------------timeskip--------------------

The next few hours were some the best in my life. Dan took me on an entire tour of the area. It is so much brighter than it is in Gundalia. He continuously guided my way around. Personally don't like to be treated like a second class person, but in this situation, I needed Dan to lead me which he delivered in full. Even Dharak was enjoying himself - and that is saying something. Just then, a castle knight spots us and walks in our direction. Wait a moment, is that Captain Elright?!

"Hey Dan, who's that you have with you?"

It is rare that I get nervous and right now, I was getting nervous.

"I-I a-am..." I stutter with an attempt to hide my voice.

"This is Baro. I was just showing him around. He's pretty shy. Doesn't like large crowds. Any'who we have to get going now. Food's not going to get itself. Bye Elright." Dan quickly says.

He then grabs my arm tightly and he starts to speed walk away. After some distance, he pulls me into a secluded area. He checks around and gives a huge sigh.

"I thought we were goners."

"What was with Baro? You could of picked a less suspicious name." I exclaim.

"Yeah, you could of blown our cover." Dharak adds.

"Sorry but Baro was the only name I could think of on the spot. To be honest, I wanted that to be your nickname."

I blush a little. I am so thankful that I was wearing a helmet. "Really?"

"Yeah. Since my full name is Daniel, and I go my Dan. I thought your name should be an shortened too."

"Really Dan?" Drago asks accusingly.

"What? It's true." Dan shrugs.

"I think its nice."

Dan slightly blushes at the statement. "Well... that's great that you like it."

I nod. "Yeah, but don't tell anyone I said that or I will kill you."

Dan laughs. "Yeah, I know. Let's go get something to eat. I know just the place. Come on Baro!"

I smile. It really is a good day.