Chapter 10

Barodius's point of view

Dan lets go of my necklace, and I sit up, mostly composing myself back together. I then shift back to my original form.

"I'll head off now. I need to clear my head."

"Alright." Dan jumps up from his seat and tries (unsuccessfully) to give me a hug. "This is awkward."

Dan lets me go while I release a small laugh. "That's alright." I walk away a few feet and look at Dan again. "We're off."

The last thing I see was Dan giving me a small wave as Dhark and I materialize in Gundalia. Once the light around me vanishes, I take off the bracelet and head back to my sanctuary. I couldn't believe I told Dan my biggest secret. Not even Nurzak or Gill know about that! Shortly after entering and setting myself on my chair, three soldiers march in with a restrained Kazarina. They throw her on the floor in front of me.

 They throw her on the floor in front of me

Curious. Why is she here? Then, I remembered what Gill reported this morning. He said that he discovered that Nurzak and Kazarina were planning to overthrow me, so I ordered him to let me take care of it. I wonder if she can be an ally. Dan can't be here, yet that doesn't mean that someone else can look around. Lets test her. I excuse the solders and they leave.

"You're lucky I still have a use for you. Is it or isn't it true you and Nurzak were planning to overthrow me?" Please agree.

"Y-Yes sire, but trust me, it was for honest intentions." Kazarina uncharacteristically stutters out.

"Really? And what were these honest intententions? Did you really think that you can get away with this? I will always find out." I exclaim with a dark tone.

She lifts herself off the floor and stands somewhat proudly. "Never sire. I was simply spying on him. He plans to overthrow you. The old fool was never loyal to you."

Great... we have a betrayer, not that I can say any different. I was hoping she admits it. She can't be trusted, but Nurzak... "Kazarina, go back to work. I will deal with Nurzak personally."

"Yes sire." Kazarina limps away. Wonder what the soldiers did to her.

"What do think Dharak? Do you think she can be trusted?" I ask hoping he would know what I meant. We always seem to know what the other is thinking.

"I'm afraid not master." Figures.

A few minutes later, I hear a knock (yes a knock don't question it) from the door.

"Sire, it's me, Ren. Permission to enter?"

"Enter."

Ren walks in and kneels before me. Something was up.

"What is it Ren?" I ask coldly.

"Well your highness... it is about the treatment about my comrades. Why was it that everytime my team fails they get punished while I was spared? I don't get it. All of the blame should of been put on me but instead I get special treatment and access to your private courters. It doesn't make any sense." Ren responds.

Loyal to his team and honest... I wonder. "Play attention Ren." I then bring up an image of Gundalia's landscape. "Look at the desolate wasteland Gundalia has become. This world is just depressing as the underworld to which you once lived." I explain as I wave my hand towards the image.

Ren looks up at me then does a shocked yet concerned look. Like he is reminded of something. That's the response I'm looking for.

"Tell you what Ren, I will consider your opinion under one condition."

"Yes your highness?" Ren asks trying to sound indifferent but having a eager undertone.

"Go to the weat boardroom tonight and make sure Nurzak is with you. And don't try to tell anyone what we discussed here. Understand?"

"Yes sire. I will do as you say."

Ren get up and leaves the room. Once the door shuts I relax softly in my chair. Ren is loyal to his teammates and his ideals. I am sure he wouldn't mind helping me. Let's hope Dan agrees with their help.

---------------------------------------------------------

After Barodius left

Dan's point of view

After Barodius left, me and Drago head back to the palace. I still can't believe that happened to him. It's horrible! If I had parents like that, I don't think I could take it.

"That was harsh. Even in Vestroia, we bakugan mostly support each other." Drago comments. Apparently, he and I were thinking the same thing.

"Yeah, I know, but all we can do is cheer him up and comfort him. Besides, I bet ya he had to deal with that all by himself."

Drago nods. Once we were back to the palace, I notice the sheild was back up. Guess maintenance went well. Suddenly, I see Shun and Jake running towards me.

"Daann! Where were you buddy? I was getting sick just thinking why you ran off like that." Jake exclaims.

"Sorry about that Jake. But Baro, needed some comfort."

"Where is he then?" Shun asks suspiciously.

Make up a lie. Make up a lie. "He wasn't feeling well afterward, so he headed home to rest." I answer.

"Guess that makes sense. He sounded terrible at the cafe." Shun acknowledges. "Let's head back."

We all then head inside. Once we got to the shield control room, we see Marucho and Fabia and the other castle knights typing away on the computers.

Five hours later of reports and checkup, we all headed to bed. After I walked into my room, I flop onto the bed and look up at Dargo who was still floating near me.

"Hey Drago, do you think everything is going to be alright?"

"Honestly Dan, I don't know."

---------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note

Hey everyone! Sorry that I haven't been updating in a while, but I have been busy with "life" stuff. Unfortunately, I won't be able to write up new chapters as quickly as before, but I will still try to.

As usual, comment my story if you have anything to say or ask and follow me to receive update on my stories. Bye guys!