Chapter 8

Barodius's point of view

Dan leads me to a small cafe nearby. It was very open with a handful of Neathians, including some other castle knights, present. All of the furniture and walls were white (save from the occasional gray and black in some areas for design). There was even a medium sized display for cakes and other sweets.

(It looks similar to the image above but with the description Barodius says)

He sits us at a window seat and grabs both of us a menu.

"Dan, I am going to rest for a while." Drago says as Dan looks at him.

"Sure buddy. Take a good long rest. You will need it." He turns back to me. "What would you like?"

I slowly pick up the menu and scan through it. "Some salad and water will be fine." I answer.

"Really. That's all? Oh well." Dan raises his hand. "Waiter, we're ready over here!"

A waiter comes over holding a tray, pen, and notebook. "What you like sirs?

"Umm, one manchop, one salad, two waters, and two chocolate cakes to go please." Two cakes?

He writes down the orders and responds, "Coming right up."

As the waiter left, I ask why he ordered two cakes.

"I thought you would like one. They are really good." Dan smiles.

After a while, the waiter comes back with our food. Dan and I begin to eat. Dan continuously reapeated "manchops" in a singsong voice as he ate. I was careful, so I don't show my face (even though I am in my human form) and expose Dharak who was floating quietly next to my cheek. When look outside, I spot all of the Neathians hard at work constructing what has been destroyed by us Gundalians. Part of me felt bad for what I had done. Why did I want the Orb in the first place? Sure the power to rule over all Bakugan would be great, but what would me and Dharak do after. Would we get a break?
Why can't life treat me right for once? Just then, a waitress walks towards us holding two small white boxes.

"Here is your cakes sir. Have a nice day." She says.

She then walks away.

"Aren't you going to pay?"

"No need. Castle knights eat here free. Plus, I wanted to save up for later." Dan replies.

Dan looks behind me and freezes. I look to where he was looking and spot that Ventrus brawler and Subterra brawler walking towards us. I turn back around and lower my head. Normally, I wouldn't do this for anyone, but there are always exceptions - like now.

"Hey Dan the man! Whazz up? The Subterra brawler cries.

"Nothing much Jake. Just... hanging with the new guy. How about you and Shun?"

"Fine. We just finished training the guards for today. So, what your name?" The Ventrus brawler asks while turning to me.

"I'm Baro." I answer. Might as well be consistent. I just hope they don't recognize my voice.

"I'm Shun, and this is Jake." The Ventrus brawler introduces. "We didn't see you at training."

"He was just getting used to the area. He might as well be comfortable here." Dan intervenes.

"Yeah. What he said."

"You should of still gone to the training. That would have been the smarter thing to do. You could of gotten to see how the rest of the guards train."

I got really confused. For a second, he started to sound like my father.

"I am not really up for fighting just yet." I calmly explain.

"But man, you should. You don't want to be a weak. Right?"

No... no. It can't be. Why? You are supposed to be dead. A dreadful voice begins to speak in my head.

"You idiot son! Can't you do anything right?!"

"What did I say about talking back to me?!"

I stand up from my seat.

"Baro, what is wrong?" Dan asks worryingly.

"I have to go."

As I quickly run out of the cafe, I hear Dan trying to call me back. I head to the woods.

"Is everthing alright?" Dharak asks after I reached the place where I met Dan today.

"Y-Yeah. I-I'm alright." I stutter. "I-I have to go back."

"Normally, I would agree with you without question, but you are not acting alright. Let's wait for Kuso and Drago master. After all, they have you clothes."

I nod my head. I nearly forgot that Dan had my clothes. If I go back in a castle night uniform, it would raise suspicion. I find a nice rock to sit on and wait for Dan.

---------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note

Hey everyone! Sorry I took so long writing this chapter. I was working on my other story. Please leave your comments and don't forget to follow me.