Epilogue: Surprise On Set

Word Count: 

"Claire, where are you, little love?" I call as I walk down the hall to the two year-old's room. I open the door to see toys spread across the floor, a Spider-Man tsum tsum that usually sat on the glider in the corner missing, as well as a Spider-Man blanket that was usually spread across the back. I raise an eyebrow at the lack of the little girl before I make my way down the hall. I smile, nudging my bedroom door open with my foot. I find Tessa and Claire curled up on the bed, her head resting on Tom's pillow, Spider-Man tsum tsum tucked under one arm, blanket spread across her back, and Tess laying her head over the curve of her spine; sleeping soundly. I pull out my phone, snapping a photo before sending it to him.

My Life💍

Image Attached

Little lovies miss you.

My Love💞

I miss my girls

My Life💍

I know

Only a few more weeks, Tommy.

My Love💞

A few weeks too long.

I have to get back to work

I love you, darling.

Give Tess and Claire love for me.

My Life💍

I will

I love you too, Thomas

"Mummy?" I lift my eyes to see Claire peek out from under the covers, looking at me with her bright, caramel colored irises.

"Hello, little love. How was your nap?" I whisper, sitting on the bed, Claire crawling into my lap.

"I miss Daddy." She whimpers, looking up at me with sad eyes. She pouts out her lower lip, matching Tom's puppy eyes to a t. I brush a curl behind her ear and press kisses all over her face just to get a giggle to escape her chest. She squeals, wrapping her arms around me neck as I cradle her to my chest.

"I know you do, but not long now. We are going to surprise Daddy, remember, but we can't tell him that. What did I tell you about that?" She places her finger to her little lips, letting out a small 'shhh.' "That's right, now. Why don't you and Tess go pack up a few toys in your blue bag-"

"The one Daddy got me when visiting Auntie Z?" Claire squeals in excitement, her hair falling in her face as she bounces on my leg.

"Yes, that one," I giggle, "I'll come in there and pack your things for the trip then Uncle Haz will take us to the airport, alright?"

Claire nods her head feverishly before crawling off my lap, sliding down the side of the bed, and running out of the room with Tessa on her heels. I let out a sigh, grabbing my suitcase from inside the closet and placing it on the bed to pack. I took time to pack a weeks worth of clothing inside the case, excited to see my husband after him being away for the past two months. I check the belongings a few more times before I walk down the hall to see Claire trying to fit as many toys inside the blue bag, so much to the point that it wouldn't zip.