Chapter 2: Adopted

I was adopted before I was a month old by a couple who in the long run i realized were actually there to help me. My biological father was in and out of prison all the time. My biological mother was forced into an early delivery due to the use of crack during pregnancy. My mother was told that I would be Physically and Mentally Disabled. When she found out I was a "broken baby" she left me in the hospital and i have'nt seen or known her personally since.

Two weeks later Carl and Pamela Hinson, my current parents, found out about me through Defax whom they worked for for several years. They adopted me and gave me the name Jakeb Connor Hinson, a name I wear and write proudly.

My brother Hunter and I were adopted on the same day, but he was three years older than me and has been my best friend to this day. My brother Robert was adopted seven years prior to my adoption and has always been there for me to joke with and talk to when i need to. My brother Jason was not legally adopted by my parents but was taken in at the age of 16 and is now 38 and has blessed my family with 3 beautiful girls: Sarah 9, Anna Bell 5, and Sofia 1. My family is full of kind and loving people and i personally think I am better off with this family.

Am I mad that my mother just gave up on me? NO, because if she hadn't I would not be alive and where I am today. I am proud to be adopted. My first 15 years were filled with confusion and questions of why i was given up when one day my parents finally decided to talk to me about it.  They told me both of my parents were druggies. My father was a dealer and my mother an addict. If they had'nt have given me up I would have been forced into the family trade which inevitably would have happened anyway.

Many people criticized me and bullied me growing up for being adopted calling me thing such as "Unwanted" "Unloved" "Crack trash" "Candy Baby" "Ghost". This eventually led to me developing over the top anger issues which is something we will get into down the road. One thing i want to say is there is no shame in being adopted it just means theres a bigger purpose for you in the world. Life is not determined by the opinions of others by the beliefs in your heart and faith in yourself.

It was rough growing up and watching my brothers visit their biological parents wandering "where the hell are mine", but in the end i came to find out it was worth it I'm proud to be adopted.