Chapter 13

Chapter 13

  Chris and Evan come up to us the next day "they've been spotted in Amity."  We look at eachother.  "What are they doing there?  Do they really think they are going to recruit anyone there?"  Chris sits down.  "I don't think they are looking for recruits, I think they are looking for safety."  I see Max and Jeanine walking to the library, I want to slam his head into a wall for what he did to Lauren.  "So what do we do?"  Lauren asks Chris.  "Nothing right now" he responds.  So we do nothing for the next few days, it's quiet.  I spend my time hanging with Lauren, Jenna and the others.

  "What if we just make our own army?"  Maria says one day at lunch.  We all look at her.  "I'm tired of sitting around doing nothing,  I didn't stay in Dauntless to sit around, I want to do something!"  We all look at eachother. "Can we go save Peter? Nicole asks.  "Yeah" Maria replies.  "Then I'm in!"  Some of the Erudite are starring at us.  Chris comes up to us "now they;re in Candor."  "Well lets go to Candor!" Maria yells out.  Chris looks at her "we can't just go to Candor without telling Max or Jeanine."  Maria gets up close to him "I thought you were Dauntless, Dauntless don't follow the rules" she runs her hand down his chest.  He smiles "alright, but you guys have to keep quiet about this though, we'll meet up tomorrow night."  Maria jumps up and down "yes!"  then she hugs Chris.  He looks sort of shocked, so does she.  "Sorry I don't know why I did that" she says.  "It's okay."

  The next night we all meet up in Millenium Park.  A few more than expected.  Jenna and a few other Erudite.  "We want to help you guys."  Chris looks around "well alright, I want every Erudite with a Dauntless, brains and strength are a pretty good combo, also boys with girls."  Lauren looks at me "Eric's a former Erudite, can I go with him?" she asks.  "No! Lauren, you go with him, Sarah you go with him, Eric you can go with Jenna."  Lauren glares at her.  "Lauren, nothing's going to happen, she's just an old friend, I promise" I kiss her.  "I wasn't worried about that, I wanted you to protect me, but now that you brought that up!"  "Lauren, you don't need my protection."  "Alright is everyone paired up?  Good. Now what's our strategy?"  Chris asks.  "Well we don't know where Four and Tris are, soo, if I borrow one of these strapping young men's white dress shirt and pair it with my black wardrobe, I could pass as a Candor long enough to find out where they are.  Then I could fill you in and then we swarm them!" Maria says with excitement.  "Alright, that does sound pretty good, I'm going to head back to Dauntless tonight and gather more guns and ammo"  Chris says.  "I can come with to help carry them" I say.  "Alright, cool.  We'll meet back here again tomorrow night, Maria put on your best Candor outfit and attitude, cover up your tattoos, and take out your piercings."  Chris and I get on the train back to Dauntless to get the guns.  We gather enough guns for the fourteen of us, then we head back to Erudite.  I remember a secret back enterance, so the others wouldn't see what we were doing.  We stash the guns and go to sleep. 

  In the morning we get up and go down to breakfast with everyone else.  Chris sits down. "So I think Max and Jeanine are planning something together, he's not telling anyone" he says.  "Well so are we, I don't care about him and his smartass girlfriend, not after he smacked me in the face" Lauren says as she takes a bite of her toast.  Maria struts in "oh my gosh you guys, I look so cute as a Candor! I tried my outfit for tonight, it looks legit, and don't worry Chris all my tattoos are covered."  She smiles and sits down.  Sarah and Matt come in holding hands.  They sit down "so what time do we start tonight?" Matt asks. "I was thinking around 7PM, it'll be dark enough, but they won't be asleep."  Chris suggests.  I nod in agreement.  It's 6PM now, we meet up where we stashed the guns.  We give one to everyone in the group, we have one left over.  "Where's Maria?" Chris asks.  "I'm here, I'm here!"  She comes in wearing a white dress shirt tucked into a black leather skirt, with a black blazer.  "Don't I look cute!?" She asks with excitement.  "Adorable" Chris says kind of sarcastically as he handsthe gun to her, "here, hide it!"  She smirks at him then lifts up her skirt alittle.  All the guys stare, especially Chris.  She sticks the gun in a strap around her thigh.  "There! Happy?" she asks.  "Ecstatic" Chris replies.  The Erudite guyss fawn over her.  "Alright does everyone have ammo?"  We all nod.  "Well, lets go then!" Chris says as he leads the pack.  I'm behind him with Jenna, we all board the train to Candor.  "Okay we'll all hang out around the building until Maria gives us the word on where they are."  We all nod in agreement.  "You Erudite are gonna get a quick gun lesson.  Eric, Lauren, help me out."  We show them how to load, hold, aim and fire.  When we get to Candor the sun has set.  Maria takes her place, she enters and we wait.