Chapter 1

Hi my name is Hailey, I'm 13 and I’m Dying.

Harsh right, well that’s basically my life.

A little over a year ago I was diagnosed with Leukemia. They said it could be cured, so I went through the treatments, I lost my hair the whole sha-bang.

I was approached by the organization Make-a-wish, they give one wish any wish and grant it to kids with life-threatening illnesses.

I was given my wish, I didn’t wanna be the cliché and go to Disney, so I saved it.

I found out a month ago that I had 6 months to live, I know brutal. Nobody took it well, not me, my parents, family, friends. No one.

I was told that even treatment would pro-long the time period, so I was taken off chemo and radiation, wanting to live these last few months peacefully. But I had to be at the hospital 24/7.

I didn’t argue.

So I spend my days in the hospital, with my iv drip ( every once in a while), and heart monitor, their names are phil and bob, yes I named them. I spend my time watching tv and the internet.

The plus is that I can wear my own clothes, I can get outside food, and I have a nice-ish room.

Since I'm living here permanently, they let be decorate my room, so I decorated it with posters, quotes, pictures, my ihome, laptop and phone, by my side, and a bunch of pillows and blankets because I get cold and tired randomly.

The last thing in my room, pictures of my new found obsession, MAGCON.

The group of 9 boys who have brought smiles to my face even when I was sick. Laughs when I was upset.

It was 2 months ago I was scrolling through my laptop, looking through new videos and I found one of these boys, since then I have been hooked.

Aaron, Shawn, Cameron, Matt, Carter, Nash, Taylor, Jack G, Jack J, and even Hayes, became my favorite people.

 Watched their younows, followed them avidly on twitter, Instagram, Vine and youtube.

Last night I was told that I needed to make my wish soon.

I was sitting in my room watching the boys vines trying to figure out what wish to make.

But that’s when I realized what I wanted to do.

I wish to meet the Magcon boys, including Hayes.

I know what your thinking I'm crazy, I could be doing something to change the world but I want to meet 10 boys, but hey its my wish, but I thought I should check with my mom first.

*

“ hey momma!” I said as she walked into my room the next morning, she stays at home in the nights since she doesn’t want to sleep in a chair, its okay though I have the nurses watching me.

“ hey sweetie, hows it going?” she asked kissing my forehead and sitting next to me.

“ its going, so I think I know my wish” I said.

“ oh what is it?” she says wondering.

“ so you know those guys I watch on youtube and vine?”

“ oh those guys, their cute”

“ MOM! But anyway, I want to spend the day with them” I said slowly.

“ well I think that a good idea, many would find it funny that im agreeing to this, but its your wish, and I can tell that you really want this. But you cant leave the hospital?”

“ im sure they would be able to come here”

“ im sure they can organize that”

*

With that the wish was sent to the people and it was approved, I was hopefully  going to meet the 10 best people in the world.

They sent an email to the people who are in charge and we were waiting for the response of when they would be able to come.

Camerons Pov

 I was sitting in the room with all the boys, when Nash gets a phone call.

“hello, hey bart, yeah were all in Cam, hayes and I’s room. Yeah okay see ya soon, bye”.

“ what was that about?” Aaron asks, once nash’s call is done.

“ well barts coming up to our room in 5, its important” with that soft murmurs got through the room.

We try to come up with ideas on why he is coming up. No one has done anything wrong, so it should be a good announcement, hopefully.

The knock on the door finally comes, and bart walks in.

“ hey boys so I have some exciting news” thank god!

“ I recently received an email for an interesting organization, I think you guys will love it” he says happily.

“ well what is it” I wsay wanting the suspense to end,

“ The Make-a-Wish Foundation contacted me, there is a wish regarding you guys”

“ your kidding right” matt says, all of us going crazy, someone used a wish on us! That’s insane!

“ nope, it’s a 13 year old named Hailey, she has leukemia, and is well, uhm, dying, and she wishes to meet you guys” he says grinning.

“ we’ll do it” Carter says instantly, how could we not this is amazing.

“ well you guys will have to fly out to her hospital in Westchester, CT. she isn’t allowed to leave”

“ that’s fine, we have to go!” Hayes then says

“ well then I’ll email them back, you guys will be flying down and meeting her in 2 weeks, promise me you will make this amazing for the girl, she did wish for you guys.” He says in a father tone.

“ we promise “ we all said at the same time. With that Bart walks out of the room and itowards his room typing away on his phone.

“ Guys this is insane” Taylor says grinning like the rest of us.

“ some girl out there wished to meet us, MAGCON” we have to make this memorable” Shawn says.

“ maybe we can spend 3 days with her instead of 1, I mean we don’t have another stop until next month, Im sure bart will say yeah” I say overjoyed.

“ I’ll text him “ Jack J says pulling out his phone sending a message to Bart letting him know we wanna be with her for 3 days.

We talk for the rest of the night about meeting her and what we are going to do. Hey we might sound like teenage girls but, this is a once in a life time thing and most people wish for one direction or taylor swift but this girl wished for us.

We decided that Shawn would bring his guitar, Matt would bring his camera and portable tripod, we would all have our phones, we would follow her, and maybe give her our numbers if she seems amazing ( haha k ) and bring a few movies and buy food once we get there to have a movie/ youtube day.

This has to be great.

First chapter of this book!

hope you guys enjoy it!