Chapter 1

The Ghetto, a place in Fenrir where the rich, as well as those who yet to qualify as God Eater and their families, resides, but due to the lack of space, the company limits its inhabitants to avoid overpopulation.

And so, the company sets a requirement before anyone can enter the Ghetto, that is to test their compatibility. They must be qualified to be potential God Eaters before they can be allowed to enter.

This is to prevent food shortages and also to maximize personel and labor. This are all necessary in order to fulfill the ultimate goal, to save humanity from total extinction.

Ad Vancer, an 18 year old teenager who didn't pass the test 3 years ago, he was not qualified to be a potential God Eater. He is now wondering outside the Ghetto and scavenging for food.

"Corned Beef? I wonder when it'll expire."

Ad just picked up a can that was on a drawer from a broken and abandoned house.

"It's already expired."

Ad let out a sigh and went off to another place to search for food.

Ad is 5'7 tall, had a black hair, dark-brown eyes and a slightly dark complexion.

*Stomach growls*

"Man, I'm starving"

Suddenly, he hears footsteps coming.

Ad quickly jumps and hides behind the wall.

'An aragami. Judging from the sound of it's footsteps, it's not just a small aragami. I better be careful'

Ad carefully takes a peak on the aragami walking just behind the wall he is hiding from. After catching a glimpse of the aragami, he quickly comes back to hiding.

'F*ck!' It's a freaking Hannibal! And what is up with that? Why is it colored black? A black Hannibal.'

'Sh*t, this is bad. I just need to stay calm and hide like I usually do. I'm sure that Black Hannibal is just passing by. After it's gone, I'll get back to scavenging some food.'

After waiting for an hour.

'What the f*ck!? Why won't it leave? That black Hannibal's just walking around in circles. That aragami is seriously broken.'

Suddenly, Ad's stomach growls and it echoed loud.

The Black Hannibal faces to were the sound came from and it roared loud. The aragami is activated, enraged.

'Sh*t!'

Ad comes out from hiding and runs for his life.

The Hannibal moved ferociously as it chased Ad, breaking any obstacles along its path.

Just when the Hannibal was about to bite Ad, Ad quickly rolls down to dodge. He was lucky.

The Hannibal quickly recovers and is ready to strike again. Ad stands up.

Ad looks at the Hannibal. It had such ablood thirsting eyes.

'Is this the end? So, this is how I'm gonna die.'

Ad took a step back.

'Huh? What's this?'

Ad surprisingly finds that he stepped onto some sort of pole.

'Wait, is this a God arc?'

God arcs are the weapons developed to devour and take down the aragami.

Ad could only see the handle and a portion of its cross-guard. The rest of the God arc was covered with piles of ruble.

'Should I use it?'