chapter 1

Rule number 1 of the holy book of witches.: witches may never have intercourse with a werewolf. Every violation will be punished.

You grew up with the idea that werewolves were disgusting creatures. That they only knew bloodlust and violence.

You were a witch. More specifically a healer witch. There are different types of witches, some are healers like you, others are specialized on attacks and others only make potions. Your coven forbid any contact with werewolves. Whether it's just greeting each other. Every violation will be punished.

That's how you ended up in a cell once. You had to spend the night in one of the cells of the coven because you interacted with a wolf. But not with any wolf. It was your best friend Lia. Somehow the coven had found out that you were friends with Lia and dragged you to the cells. Of course this didn't stop you from meeting her. After all you found out that werewolves were nothing like how they were described by the coven. They just didn't attack people without a reason. They didn't even attack each other in the pack because of the hierarchy that exists in the pack. From what I know she was a gamma of her pack.

'Why are relationships between werewolves and witches even forbidden? I mean in the end both are creatures of the night or moreover the moon. And what if the witch is the mate of one of the wolves. A wolf never lets his mate go.' 'Believe me Lia I asked myself the question quiet a lot of times. I once saw what happened to a witch because she had a relationship with a wolf.'While thinking about it I shuddered. Without even realising I looked down to my mark. It marks me as a part of the coven. Every witch which is part of a coven gets a mark on her inner wrist. The symbol shows everyone to wich coven you belong to.'You know usually when a witch leaves a coven, for example through marriage to another the mark fades away because you break to bond and make a new one. But there are also witches who get banned from the coven. There mark doesn't fade away. If a witch gets banned then her mark gets disfigures so that you loose every chance to get accepted to another coven.'I made a break to look over to Lia. Sometimes when she was really concentrated he tongue looked a bit out of her mouth and she resembled a puppy. (technically she is one)

'There was once a witch, her name was Dara. The coven found ot about her relationship with a werewolf and dragged her out to the woods. I was really young back then. The whole coven had to come together, even the children. To prevent any incidents like that in the future. Dara was dragged into a circle in the middle of the forrest made out of salt. Her wrists were chained up to two trees on her left and on her right side. Thse chains were surpressing her magic so she basically couldn't defend herself. When everyone gathered my grandfather, who was the head of the coven at that time spoke a spell. The circle in which Dara sat started to glow and all her power was drained from her. I realised that the coven didn't just wanted to ban her. They wanted to kill her. At first her magical power was drained away. Then her life force. Her lifeless body was sprawled out on the floor and she was dead. The thing that I remember the most from this day are her screams. The whole procedure lasted two hours.'

Lia was shocked. 'How- how old were you when you saw this?''I was eight.''So it was twelve years ago. 'I only nodded.'I never knew that witched could be that cruel. 'They are, if you faught my grandfather was cruel then you should see my father, who is now the head of the coven.'