Chapter 7: The first encounter

The first week with Lord Sesshomaru has been interesting. Some demons here, some there. Easy kills compared to some of the ones we've had before. I love the quiet journey. Jaken runs his mouth about things nobody is paying attention to. My brain has been in its own world for the whole week. I shook my head and sighed as I dipped my hands into the cool water to gently splash it against my face. I couldn't find my peace, I thought this was what I wanted in all reality I wanted my family and friends. My mind flashed to a memory of me and Kagome picking flowers in the meadow as Kaede watched, the laughter and love we shared that day made me smile. 

I looked over at Master Jaken who was just watching the river flow. "Jaken?" He didn't even acknowledge I spoke to him. So I took some water and flung it at his face. That got his attention. "RIN YOU MISERABLE CHILD WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I had to try and stifle my laughter. "Oh, Master Jaken I was just wondering if you were hungry? I could get us some fish?" He stared me down as I tried hard not to laugh. "No Rin. I'm not." I sighed as I stood back up and looked around. Lord Sesshomaru has gone away again and left me and Jaken. I grabbed my bags and threw them over my shoulder. "Jaken I'm going to the spring to take a quick bath and wash my hair." Jaken huffed as he waved me off. When I got to the spring I undressed and slipped into the hot water. It felt amazing on my body. 

As I sat there with the water up to my neck I couldn't stop my mind from wandering. Lord Sesshomaru, are you serious about making me your wife? You have hardly spoken to me since we left the village. What kind of Suitor does that? Not ones that I've ever seen. I know you have some sort of feelings if you actually came back to me. The water loosened every unwanted knot in my body. I felt every single muscle relax as I sighed. I can't be a demons wife I cannot have his children. Does Lord Sesshomaru want kids? I Don't know, I can't imagine that he does. I sat up from the rock and ran my fingers through my wet hair trying to comb out the knots and dirt from the past week. I climbed out of the spring and quickly got dressed in a soft blue kimono and actually brushed my hair. For once in a week I felt human again. 

When I returned to Master Jaken he was asleep against a tree. I smiled as I put my bag back on Ah-Un's back. I put some wood on the fire and stared out over the river. "Rin?" A soft voice I recognized immediately. I spun around as Lord Sesshomaru walked out of the trees. "My Lord," I smiled "Welcome back!" I couldn't contain my excitement. He walked up to me and looked at me then looked at Jaken. "I imagine you took care of yourself?" I nodded maybe a little too quickly "Yes My Lord." He looked me in the eyes as he stepped closer and laid a hand on the side of my face. I couldn't help but lay my face into his hand. "Rin, I want to try something." My eyes got big as I wondered what it was. "Yes?" 

His eyes searched mine as I could see him thinking about it hard. Suddenly he leaned in and I felt his lips on mine. I couldn't wrap my head around what was happening. What do I do?! I kept still and kissed him back. It felt weird but so so right. Is this a normal feeling? When he finally stepped back I was in complete shock. "Rin you and I will talk about marriage in due time. For now, get some sleep. I will return in 2 days" On that note, he turned and walked back through the trees from where he came. 

Did I imagine that? Did Lord Sesshomaru just kiss me, then tell me about planning a marriage? Was I hearing things? Dreaming? I pinched the back of my hand and yelped as I felt the pain. So I am awake. This actually happened! I looked up at the crescent moon and Smiled at the fact that he loved me. This was true. I slept amazing that night, with dreams of Lord Sesshomaru.