Chapter 1: Memories

"Rin" Milord called me looking out to the mountains, completely ignoring my pleading face. "you will stay in the village with Kaede. Where I know you are safe and will be out of harm's way." I cried so hard that day "Milord! no! I want to stay with you and Master Jaken!"

"you silly girl," Jaken started "my mighty lord Sesshomaru has spoken! Do not act spoiled and do as said!" I nodded my head in defeat as I watched through swollen eyes as My Lord and Jaken walked away from me. "ill always love you Lord Sesshomaru.." I whispered as I watched their shadows disappear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rin? Rin?!" Kagome yelled as I snapped back into reality. She looked so worried that I had to laugh. "I'm alright Kagome, I just had a moment." I looked off into the sunset and wondered where he was and why he hasn't come back for me yet. It has been 3 years already.

"you had me worried Rin, you looked so lost in your thoughts, are you thinking about Sesshomaru again?" Kagome always knew when he was on my mind. As we picked herbs together I remembered her and Inuyasha's wedding. How happy they were, the laughter, the tears, and all the friends that celebrated with them. How I wished I had that. "Always Kagome." I replied as she shook her head and stood up. "we best be getting back, Kaede will worry about us!" I nodded and stood up feeling the breeze on my face, I glanced back to the sunset which was much lower now. I whispered to myself " Lord Sesshomaru, Where are you..?"