Chapter 12

Luke's P.O.V

I woke up to the beeping of a heart monitor. I slowly opened my eyes. My whole body hurt.

"He's awake" Ashton said. I looked around and saw they boys and Anna standing looking at me, wait, where's Dre?

"What's going on, where am I and where's Dre" I said. They all got sad. Was she dead? No, please no.

"Well, um your in the hospital because of a robber and umm.... Dre uh... she got shot and she's in surgery now" Calum said. I looked at Michael who looked completely torn.

"I'm so sorry mikey" I said, he basically burst into tears. I hugged him and then the doctor came in and checked on me.

After 5 minutes a nurse came in and told us Dre made it and was out of surgery. The boys went to go see her while Anna asked the nurse if I could go see her too. They unhooked me and Anna helped me walk to the room she was in.

Right before we walked in Anna took a deep breath and held back her tears.

"She's gonna be ok babe" I said to her. When we walked in the room I saw Dre, hooked up to a heart machine and oxygen. Michael turned around, tears running down his face, like the rest of the boys. I started crying because they were.

Anna took me to a chair and helped me sit down. Michael looked so sad. Then Dre started to move.

Dre's P.O.V

I heard someone talking, then I started to wake up a bit and heard it was Luke. He was ok! Then I heard the heart thingy beeping. I started to move a little and it hurt really bad. I couldn't open my eyes and I started to panic.

All the sudden I woke up with nurses over me. My eyes widened and I looked around quickly, they were holding me down and the boys were holding Michael back. Then I had the worst pain in my stomach. I started to cry.

"Get them out of here" the nurse said. when they basically dragged them out I seen one run in with a needle. They stuck it in my i.v and put an oxygen mask on me. I started to hyperventilate then they told me to calm down, I guess I was having a panic attack.

I started to breath steadier and calmed down. When they took the oxygen mask off, they started to walk out but a couple of them stayed with me. They checked to see if there was any bleeding, I guess there wasn't cuz they told me they would be back every so often to check on me.

The boys walked in the room and I looked at Michael. He looked so tired, like he had been awake for ages, he had tear stained cheeks. I felt so bad for him.

He walked over to me and just looked at me. I didn't know what to say.

"Come here" I said to him. He walked over to me and stood there. I took his hand and looked him in the eyes.

"I will be ok, don't worry Mikey" I said to him. He looked at my hand and rubbed it with his thumb.

"But what if your not" he said, avoiding my eye contact. I looked down and I felt a hand lightly touch my chin and tilt my head upwards. I looked him in the eyes and kissed him. When I pulled away he smiled.

"I will be, I promise" I said, and hugged him even thought it hurt.

"So, Luke, what happened to you" I said.

"Well, I heard a noise so I decided to see what it was and then I got hit in the back of the head and I don't remember anything after that" he said. Anna walked in the room and as soon as she saw me she ran to me.

"Can I hug you, but I don't want to hurt you" she said. I shook my head and hugged her tight, yet she hugged my lightly.

About 3 weeks after that I got out of the hospital. On the way home Michael finally got some sleep, on my shoulder. When we got home Ashton carried him inside and put him in bed. I got beside him and he woke up.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you" I said.

"It's ok," he said moving his hand through my hair "do you want me to sing you to sleep?"

"Yeah, sure" I said, cuddling onto his chest. He started to sing 'therapy' by all time low. Then I fell asleep.