Chapter thirteen

Your POV

I got to thinking about what I'm gonna do. Should I tell Mark about what Jack did?

I sighed and finally came to a decision and I was staring off out the window and Chica was in my lap. I scratched her ears and chin as I thought about what I would say. Mark came up to me as I sat in front of the window, staring into the back yard and I started shaking lightly
"Hey there, you doing okay? " He said, sitting next to me and I sighed. "I'm fine" I popped and maintained keeping my eyes off of his sweet, impossible to lie to face. "Hey, " He said, moving my face to make eye contact with his and I felt pressure rise to my face. "I can tell when you're not okay. Do we need to talk? " He asked and I sighed, defeated. "Yes Mark. I have to tell you something. It's about Seán. You were right to be suspicious of him. He um, he tried to rape me, Mark. " I paused as I saw the rage burning in his eyes. "I'll rip his fucking head off at the neck and watch the blood spray onto the walls. " He growled and I chuckled. "It's okay, I have a feeling it wasn't his fault. You see, I think he has the same condition as you. " I explained and Mark rolled his eyes. "That doesn't change the fact he still tried to do that to you. Alternative or not. " He said and I inhaled sharply realizing he was right.

"Well then, " I paused. I felt tears welling in my eyes and mark sighed. "You don't have to make eye contact with me if that helps. " He said and I shook my head and looked at him. "Mark I have a feeling Seán is also the one who sent you that text. I think he's tripping pretty hard on those pills I gave him for his condition, here, look. " I said and I handed him my phone opened to me and Seán's conversation. "(y/n)..." Mark muttered and he then sighed. "You have to get rid of him. Your odds are beyond scary with him. " He said and I shrugged. "I know. I'm worried about what'll happen if I try to though, I don't wanna get hurt, but I don't want him to get hurt, he's my friend. " I said and Mark pulled me into his embrace as I sniffled.

"I understand (y/n), and while it's risky, it's the best option. " Mark stated and I nodded. "I know. " I buried my face in his chest and Chica got up and moved as I readjusted myself
"He doesn't know about us mark. I told him that your name was Mark Baldwin and that you were a friend of mine from middle school who has the same condition as him, he also thinks that Zoey is with me. " I explained and Mark chuckled. "At least you stuck to your promise. To keep us a secret, and you have to still stick to it (y/n). I'm gonna help you, too"

"Let's start here, how hard do you think it's gonna take to get him to leave? And do you think you'll need protection? " Mark asked as he pulled me out of his embrace to look me in the eyes, and my eyes had practically dries by now. "I think it'll be pretty hard. He's grown weirdly attached to me, and yes, from his alternate. " I said and Mark hummed. "Okay, I'll send Dark to start on protecting you again and he'll give you advice on how to get rid of him on the way. " Mark explained and I chuckled. "Continue? Does that me you had him on vigil for me before? " I questioned, making him laugh a little. "Yeah. I get worried about you. Too bad he wasn't on vigil when you got defiled, eh? " Mark joked and I giggled. "It would've been nice if he was, yeah. " I agreed and I stood up along with Mark.

"I'm surprised... That you don't even have a grudge... You know..? " I said with a small smile of thankfulness and Mark laughed. "Oh trust me I do, I'm just shockingly good at hiding it. If anything I'm surprised you don't have a grudge" He said and I shrugged. "I forgive easily. Always have. " I said, smiling. "You're lucky I'm as accepting as I am. But I guess that's just a trait I inherited from being a teacher. " He joked and I chuckled. I gotta say, I'm surprised. But I'm quite sure that Dark now has a grudge. I haven't seen him ever since I mentioned Jack. I sighed, yeah, still a little worried. You and me both know what that well dressed hunk of a man can do. "Have you see Dark..? "I asked and Mark shrugged "I saw him hanging around you whenever you mentioned Seán and what he did, but after that I wasn't paying attention" Mark said so I looked behind me but didn't see anything.