Chapter 9

Maia's POV

As I just the order on the table I sat there with dumbfounded husband. "I-" I was cut off by a phone call from Vile. I pick it up as Vile never calls me. It's always us agents who's in action who calls first.

"Hello?"

"Agent Maia this is really urgent state of emergency situation. Since you guys are at William and Hailey's party I need you to go get a files of orphanage locations."

"That plan has been ditched. My husband was taken by Marisa who you know as Ben, and now he knows I'm a spy. Currently in shock state eating a spicy chicken joy."

I look at Hero who's eating.

"This just got more twisted. Oh! Ask your husband about orphanage locations."

"Right now?" I ask as I think Hero doesn't deserve more questions but he deserves more answers.

"YES NOW! Have I told you that this is REALLY. URGENT. STATE OF EMERGNCY?" Vile sounds mad on the phone. I sighs as I guess I have to ask Hero.

"Hero, this is really an emergency. A lot of kids needs your help. Do you have any location about the orphanage?" I asked.

Hero shrugs and finally speaks after seeing Vice Krum as Vicktor. "Only the 3 of the orphanage on work. She said there's more but we will work on it after I finish designing 3 of it." I repeat every single thing he says to Vile.

"Did Hailey and William knows you as the wife too?" Vile ask.

"I don't think so. Hero should have died if they did. Hailey and William also invited Gary." Hero chokes on chicken, drinks to get his breath back before mouthing 'you know everything?' I nod at him for an answer.

"Oh, then you could put your husband on undercover."

Not The Idea I Was Going For

I explained Hero everything and he seems to soften his face. He told me it reminds him of his grandpop crazy stories except they were actually real. I answered everything he asked. And there's a shock to me when he said the word in determination.

"I'll do the undercover."

I brought Hero at the hotel. There's only three of us. Vicktor, Hero, and I.

Vile and Marco still on the lookout mission. Vile puts her promise to Marco and stays at that shady motel one block ahead of the underground orphanage.

Vile was the oldest of  4 siblings, I think Marco reminds her of responsibility towards kids. I don't socialize well to people on this type of awkward situation where three of us just in one luxurious hotel room in London.

Hero speaks softly to me "So, I was planning to ask Nana about grandpop and you."

"Oh, for sure she knows a lot I visit her always when I have a mission here in London. Vicktor visits too." I point at Vicktor.

Hero gives a question face looking at Vicktor. "I don't see him in grandpop's class picture. I did saw you and Marisa."

"Oh, I was very unrecognizable with my skinny bad haircut geek t-shirt back then." Vicktor explains.

Good I guess we're starting three people conversation. It's a good thing. Right?

"So you're very sure on that undercover thing?"

Hero scratched his head.. "Yeah, I wanna help."

"Honey, you know it's dangerous right? We should probably train you as fast as we can." I warned Hero.