Chapter Seven

"I'm going to figure out why my hybrids are failing, and it all starts with your sister." Nik tells me as we walk the halls of my old high school.

Tonight is senior prank night at the school, as it is every year, Nik stops in one of the hall ways near a pair of double doors.

"Clara, I'm going to use you as leverage to have your sister be more, compliant, is that alright love?" Nik asks as we stood there.

"Will you hurt me?" I asks in a whisper looking over at him.

Nik looks at me, his eyes softened s bit, "Now, what did I tell you the other night?" Nik asks in return.

"That no harm shall come to me..." I repeat back to him.

Nik grabs my upper arm, "And I intend to keep that promise. Now, will you help me?" Nik whispers to me. I nod.

The double doors open and Elena walks through them, not looking ahead of her, she stops right before running into Nik, gasping in fear once she realizes who it is.

"There's my girl." Nik says to her, his voice void of emotion.

"Klaus." Elena whispers in fear; then looks over at me and her eyes widen more if it was even possible, panic filling them, "Clara." she whispers my name, the same emotion in her eyes in her voice.

"You're supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?" Nik says to her, fear taking over the panic that filled her face. Nik grabs Elena's arm and starts to walk down the hall, having us follow along side him. 

"You put a rather large kink in my plan, sweetheart. The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid, was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do with the fact that you're still breathing." Nik angry rants as he drags us down the many halls that fill the high school.

"You have me, if you're going to kill me, just do it! And leave Clara out of it." Elena tells Nik as we continue our trek.

"Not until I know I'm right, and Clara here is quite intriguing, but I do have ways of making you suffer." Nik tells Elena, then forces us into the gym.

"Attention Seniors, you have officially been busted. Prank night is over. Head on home." Nik announces to the teens in the gym, with a weird American accent, all the teens groan and start to leave.

We start to walk further into the gym, "You two. I remember you." Nik says in his normal voice towards two teens.

"I'm sorry who are you?" The girl asked, confused.

"Oh, don't worry, I wasn't in my right head the last time we met. Lift your foot up, please, Dana." Nik tells the girl, and she does so with no question.

I look over at Elena, confusion on my face. Elena just mouths, "It's okay."

"If she drops her foot, Chad, I want you to beat her to death. Understood?" Nik tells the guy, Chad and he nods in understanding.

"Don't, Klaus. You don't have to hurt anybody." Elena tries to reason with him. 

"Oh, come on, love. Of course I do." Nik tells Elena, looking over at her then at Dana and Chad. "Clara, love." Nik says turning to face me.

"No, Klaus, leave her alone, please." Elena begs to him, but he ignores her.

I look over at her, slightly confused by her words, she never shown this level of concern for me in the past couple years. I look back at the Nik. "Why don't you go sit over there and relax." he tells me pointing over towards the bleachers. I nod and go over and sit.

Dana starts to wobble, almost losing balance. "Oh, keep it up." Nik tells her, faux concern in his tone.

"Where's Stefan? What did you do to him?" Elena asks Nik concerned.