Chapter Ten

Since the whole thing with Homecoming, neither Nik or I have seen or heard from Rebekah. Nik found out and told me that Stefan has taken his coffins, and no one has seen Stefan for days. Nik has also thought I would be safer staying with him. He had already bought a plot of land, and has a house already in construction, quite quickly as a good part of it was built.

Right now Nik has me going to the Grill with him and one of his hybrids. As we walk in we see Elena with Damon, standing kind of to close to each other. Nik has us walk over to them. "Don't mind us." Nik says to them, causing them to look over at us.

"Klaus. Clara?" Elena whispers. Damon is quick to stand in front of Elena.

"You going to do this in the Grill, in front of everyone of everyone? It's a little beneath you, don't you think?" Damon challenges Nik.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I just came down to my local pub to grab a drink with a girl and a mate. Get a round then, would you Tony? And an ice tea for the lady." Nik explains, then tells his hybrid.

Elena looks confused and a bit of fear fill her eyes when she sees a Tony. "I'm surprised you stuck around town long enough for happy hour. Don't tell me you stayed for Clara?" Damon taunts, glancing at me then looking back over at Nik.

"My sister seems to be missing. Need to sort that out." Nik tells them with a hard glare.

"Cute, blonde bombshell? Psycho? Shouldn't be that hard to find?" Damon says sarcastically.

"Truth is, I've grown to rather like this little town. Including some people in it. Thinking I might fancy a home here. I imagine that you're wondering, how does this effect you? And the answer is, not in the slightest. As long as I get what I want, and everyone behaves themselves, you can go on living your little lives however you choose. You have my word." Nik explains to them, glancing at me at one point, then taking the dart from Damon's heads and walking over to the dart board.

"What more could you possibly want?" Elena asks him in disbelief.

"Well, for shortness, you can tell me where I might find Stefan." Nik tells them, intimidating them as Elena takes a step away from them.

"Stefan skipped town the second he saved your ass." Damon tells Nik walking up to him to get him self in front of Elena again.

"Well, you see, that is a shame." Nik says then angrily throws the dart at the dart board, "Your brother stole from me. I need him found, so I can take back whats mine." Nik says to Damon, and Damon glares in response.

"That sounds like a Klaus and Stefan problem." Elena says to him.

Nik glances at Elena and goes to stand up to Elena but Damon fully covers Elena. Nik chuckles at Damon try to intimidate him.

"Well, this is me, broadening the scope sweetheart." Nik tells Elena then walks back over to me, and walking us over to Tony to enjoy lunch.

~~~~~~~~ 3rd POV ~~~~~~~~~

As Klaus was in his renovation home, instructing people what to do, Tyler walking in. "There he is. Man of the hour." Klaus says, referring to Tyler as they walk up to each other.

"So everything went ok?" Tyler asked as he looked around the unfinished home.

"Tony ran down Alaric instead of Jeremy, but apples, oranges. Message lands the same." Klaus tells Tyler with a shrug.

"You said you were sending them a warning." Tyler says.

"And I did - an effectively one. Elena's family suffers, she's motivated to get me what I want." Klaus explains to Tyler.

"I didn't think that we'd actually have to kill anyone." Tyler says, shock and guilt on his face.

Klaus gives out a sigh, "Tyler, mate. What you're feeling is the remnant of a guilty conscience. I need you to get over it, okay? End of the day. Human life here is just a means to an end - our means to our end. You'll do well to remember that." Klaus explains to Tyler, but before he could walk away Tyler speaks up.

"Is that what you think about her? About Clara?" Tyler asks, causing Klaus to freeze then face Tyler.

Klaus glares at Tyler for bringing up Clara, "I don't have to explain to you." Klaus tells Tyler in a calm tone.

"She wouldn't like it that you nearly killed her little brother." Tyler points out.

"Well it's a good thing she doesn't know then isn't it? And you aren't going to tell her." Klaus tells Tyler still in a calm tone, but with an underlying threatening tone before walking away, annoyed now.

__________________________
Word count- 815

Shorter chapter

Hope y'all are liking this story!

Let me know your thoughts and predictions!

Vote

Comment

Share

Lots of luv~ snowflake