❝ all i gotta ask ❞

"all I gotta ask"
"do you got plans tonight?"
"i'm a couple hundred miles from
japan, and i"

"JACK!" jonah yelled, trying to get the boy's attention as he pounded on the door that was separating them

the door swung open a second later to reveal the boy he was calling for. jonah pushed him out of the way and quickly closed the door before locking it, knowing he had to get this done soon before the curly-headed boy grew impatient from his lack of sleep.

"jonah, can't we just talk in the morning?" jack questioned, rubbing a hand over his face to try and wipe the sleep out of his eyes.

"nope! it's important that you get your surprise now," jonah said energetically, practically bouncing where he stood.

"why can't i just get it tomorrow?" jack whined, but jonah didn't answer. he simply walked past jack and sat on the couch in the living room of his hotel room, patting the spot next to him for jack to sit down.

jack eyed him weirdly as he sat down next to jonah. no words were exchanged as jonah reached into his hoodie pocket and brought out an envelope, handing it to jack with a wide smile.

"jonah, what is this?" jack questioned slowly.

jonah rolled his eyes at the younger's hesitance, still smiling bashfully. "just open it, j."

jack slowly tore it open, closing his eyes and waiting for something to explode at him. when nothing happened, he opened his eyes and looked inside, only to close them again as shock came over his body. inside the envelope lay two tickets to japan, both set to leave tomorrow morning.

"you're joking," jack said breathlessly, staring up at the ceiling as he leaned his head on the back of the couch.

"nope," jonah said, popping the "p" as his smile grew impossibly wider.

jack's face suddenly broke out into a smile as well, turning and tackling jonah in a tight hug.

"thank you, thank you, thank you," jack repeated quickly, slurring his words together as he was overcome with happiness.

"no problem," jonah replied, patting jack on the back a few times before pulling away. "just don't tell zach. it's a surprise for him as well."

"alright. when do we leave?" jack asked as he stood up, going to his bag to grab his phone charger before plugging his phone in.

"tomorrow. the flight leaves at 8:20, so we have to be there by 7:30, and please make sure you're on time. and remember that the airport's half an hour away, okay?" jonah explained in what most would call his "motherly" voice.

jack rolled his eyes before responding. "okay mom."

jonah glared and stood up, walking to the door and exiting the younger's room in order to leave and go back to his own room. "see you tomorrow, jack."

"see you tomorrow."

i-im thinking of making zach top 🥺

also dedicated to @jacharyforlifee cause they've been waiting for this for awhile :)