❝ can't get you off my mind ❞

"can't get you off my mind"

ZACH sighed as he lay on his bed, letting boredom seep through him as he mindlessly scrolled through instagram meme pages

ZACH sighed as he lay on his bed, letting boredom seep through him as he mindlessly scrolled through instagram meme pages. to say that zach was content would be a lie. he was definitely feeling more dejected than usual, seeing as it's been months since he last saw jack, and oh how he craved to hold his baby again.

no matter what zach did, jack was all he could think about. whether it be lunch with corbyn, gossip with daniel, or the small amount of alone time he received, the small boy just wouldn't leave his mind.

"zach?" corbyn asked from outside his hotel room, knocking on the door to see if the boy was awake or not.

zach yawned, covering his mouth with his hand as he stood up and made his way over to the door, opening it and inviting corbyn inside. the two sat in the hotel's small living room area, corbyn sitting on the sofa and zach sitting in the single sofa-seat beside him.

"what's up, corbs?" zach questioned tiredly, waiting to see if corbyn had any news, good or bad.

"just wondering if you wanted to go out for some breakfast. dani's coming too," although it wasn't a question, corbyn's voice held a slight questioning tone to it.

"um, yeah sure. just let me get ready real quick." zach stood, shooing corbyn out of the room who rolled his eyes but still willingly exited.

zach turned, walking back into his bedroom for a random outfit before throwing on a simple blue hoodie with a pair of black jeans. he didn't bother styling his hair; knowing he needed a haircut anyways, he decided to temporarily give up on doing anything with his hair.

zach grabbed his hotel key, phone, and wallet before exiting, not surprised to see corbyn leaning against the wall adjacent to his room.

"i see the 'throw and go' method worked decently for you this time, yes?" were corbyn's first words to zach after he walked out, remembering to shut the door behind him to prevent any unwanted guests from entering.

zach chuckled at corbyn's words. the infamous "throw and go"; a phrase him and his friends had created for whenever zach was going out for something unimportant. it was simple enough, the statement quite literally meaning "throw on whatever clothes you find and go". and surely enough, it was zach's method of clothing choice every time. even his fan base caught on and began to "bully" him for it, all of it really being just playful banter.

it only failed him on a few occasions, one being the time he showed up to an inconspicuous coffee date with jack in a red shirt with a picture of george washington on it and blue sweatpants. yeah, not his finest moment. needless to say, jack ended up getting a good laugh out of it while teasing him for the rest of the day. at that point, zach didn't care how embarrassing it was, because the only thing that mattered to him were the angelic giggles leaving jack's mouth.

the three boys ended up finding a restaurant that served somewhat-normal breakfast food; being in japan definitely had its disadvantages. it was close enough so they didn't have to drive, enjoying the sights they walked past on the way.

"so, zach, how's jack?" daniel asked, immediately starting a conversation as soon as they sat down.

"he's doing great. we were on facetime last night and he said he hasn't slipped once, and i'm proud of him," zach answered truthfully, knowing that none of them cared about the fact that jack sometimes did ageplay to help him deal with stress.

it was also used frequently in the bedroom, if you know what i mean.

"that's good. what about you, corbyn? are you currently pursuing anyone?" daniel questioned, hiding a teasing smirk behind his glass of apple juice.

"um—no, not really. i've been busy recently and haven't really had time for a relationship," corbyn replied with a small shrug.

"yeah, i guess that's fair," zach nodded in understanding, before continuing with a question aimed towards daniel. "what about you? has anyone special caught the eye of the daniel seavey?"

"nope. i've just been enjoying living life freely at the moment, not having to worry about someone at home when i dropped everything to spontaneously join you as your 'producer' on tour, you know?" putting air quotes around "producer" because although daniel actually was both zach and jack's producer, he was only on tour to travel and have a good time with friends.

"yeah, i totally get it, but i still wouldn't trade jack for the world," zach reminded.

"of course you wouldn't, z. he is your world," corbyn playfully rolled his eyes, the smile never faltering from his lips.

the conversation continued to flow from there, the trio eventually finishing their food and getting ready to pay. despite everyone's protests, zach placed his credit card down and happily payed for the three meals.

the time was now 12:09, the boys' breakfast now being long since over. jack and jonah had just arrived at the hotel, corbyn coming down and greeting jack with a hug and sending a small wave to jonah. the faux blond walked them towards the elevator, quickly ushering them in before clicking the button to access floor 7: zach's floor.

jack anxiously waited on the elevator as it slowly went up the hotel. his suitcase was gripped tightly in his right hand while his left hand was playing with the straps of his backpack strings nervously.

jonah was next to him, tapping away on his phone, but also ready to record jack and zach's reaction. corbyn was behind jack, having been the first one on the elevator.

he didn't know why he was so nervous. it's zach. his boyfriend. his lover, his everything—he wanted to cry and cuddle him, that's what he wanted.

the elevator dinged signaling that he was on the top floor. with a deep breath, jack left the elevator. jonah followed behind, getting his camera ready. he was already recording his feet walking.

"jack?" jonah asked, pointing his camera at the boy. jack looked up and grinned, shoving the camera out of his face.

"yes, jonah?" he giggled, dragging his suitcase along his side.

"on a scale of one to ten, how excited are you?" he asked, stopped in front of a door.

"um... eleven?" jack said with a small laugh.

"good, cause we're here," jonah bit his lip to contain his smile.

jack's eyes widened. he looked at the door with the number 712 written on the front. he gulped, and looked over at jonah. the older gave him a reassuring smile.

his lip was between his teeth, and he brought his fist to the door. he knocked twice and waited.

thank you to @lavendermay19 for giving me the idea for this chapter, i actually really love how it turned out

and thank you to -sebbystan for writing the end of this chapter plus the entire next chapter!

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH