❝ i was thinking i could fly to your hotel tonight ❞

"i was thinking i could fly to your hotel tonight"
"'cause i—i can't get you off my mind"

JACK awoke the next morning to his alarm going off at 6:00

JACK awoke the next morning to his alarm going off at 6:00. an exhausted groan left his lips as he rolled over, putting his alarm on snooze due to his overcoming need to get "just five more minutes".

and, five minutes later, his alarm went off for a second time. sighing, he sat up, running a hand over his tired and bleary eyes. jack didn't get much sleep that night; whether it be from the excitement coursing through him of seeing his lover once again, or the change in time zones, he just couldn't sleep. the only thing keeping him awake was the desire to not miss his flight so he could see zach again.

he stood up, stretching as he walked clumsily towards the bathroom to begin his morning routine. jack turned on the shower, making sure it was hot before stripping of his clothes and stepping in. the water did help to awaken his mind, as he wasn't exactly what you would call a "morning person".

after getting out of the shower and getting dressed, his thoughts began to wander, going back to the rosy-cheeked boy that he couldn't seem to get his mind off of. fantasies of the pair began to play inside his head, and he grew giddy at the thought of being able to kiss him again.

a knock was heard at the door, causing him to loose his train of thought as he went to open the door. he figured it would be jonah, ready to pull him along so they could leave on time.

jack unlocked the door, pulling it open to reveal an energetic jonah with a coffee already in hand.

"did you get me anything?" jack asked with a hopeful look in his eyes.

"yup. and if you're not ready in the next five minutes, i'm not giving it to you," jonah told him, smirking as he watched jack scramble around the room, trying to pack his toiletries and other scattered items as quickly as possible.

"done!" jack practically shouted, getting shushed by jonah and scolded for yelling so early in the morning.

"here, you big baby," jonah said while taking out a chocolate croissant from starbucks that had previously been sitting in his backpack.

"i'm not a baby, jo," jack said with a small pout. he took the croissant from jonah's extended hand, "wait, no drink?"

"huh? wait, where'd it..." jonah trailed off, looking around on the floor and around the room to see where he could have put it. "welp, i left it in my room. here's the key, go get it."

"rude," jack mumbled underneath his breath, his pout deepening as he took the key and left the room. jonah sneakily took a photo of the pouting boy, who easily resembled a child, and sent it to zach with the caption "hoes mad".

a few moments later, jack returned with his venti iced coffee in hand, sipping it happily. he grabbed his own bags, practically skipping out of the hotel room with food and caramel drink in hand.

"someone's happy," jonah teased.

"come on, jo! you're so slow, grandpa!" jack whined, checking the time on his phone and noticing they still had enough time. not that it mattered to jack, who was anxiously waiting on jonah to grab his bags before speed-walking down the hall.

"slow down! we have some time," jonah reminded in a relatively quiet voice, still being mindful of how early it is and how most of the hotel's occupants were still sleeping.

"i know, i know. it's just—i'm so excited!" jack spoke, smiling widely as he stood waiting for jonah again, this time at the end hall.

jonah chuckled before speaking, "i know you are. now come on, our uber is waiting for us out front."

♔ ♕

chocolate croissant now eaten and starbucks coffee now gone, jack exited the uber, making sure he had his phone and wallet before popping open the trunk that held his backpack and suitcase.

"no private plane this time?" jack asked, slightly deflating at the thought of sitting in a stuffy, germ-filled box of death for 2 hours.

jonah laughed loudly as he handed jack his suitcase. "nope."

the younger sighed, wrapping his hand around the handle of his suitcase before beginning to roll it through the entrance of the airport.

airport security was dreadfully long, like always, but one of the good things about flying this early and spontaneously was that he wasn't stopped by any fans and he didn't have security escorting him everywhere. not that he wasn't thankful for the guys, but they were annoying during the times when he actually wanted to interact with fans.

the airport journey dragged on until he was finally sitting on the airplane, mentally thanking jonah for the first-class tickets he bought, and also mentally thanking whatever random airline they were using for giving their first-class patrons beds.

jack lay down, closing his eyes and letting out a heavy sigh from the extremely tiresome and boring day he was having. the soft hum of the plane slowly lulled him to sleep, thinking of his brunet boyfriend as he drifted off to dreamland.

YALL IVE NEVER WRITTEN SMUT BEFORE BUT I REALLY WANT SMUT TO BE IN THIS BOOK IM-
HELP

also i haven't been on a plane since i was literally 7 ok idk if this shit is correct but that's what we goin with-