ʋօɨɖ օʄ ɮʀօᏦɛռ ʍɨʀʀօʀֆ

You arrived at the train station with your trunk behind you. Your father had already said a truly heartfelt goodbye when he sent you away on the bus to the train.

You had your hair back in a messy bun with a red velvet cap pulled over your head. You had on a short acid-washed gray crop top covered by a deep scarlet letterman jacket. Underneath your rose embroidered denim shorts were fishnet stockings along with combat boots studded with copper. Along with your multiple piercings filled to the brim with silver studs and intricate earrings and your fake black-rimmed glasses, you looked like a girl not to be messed with, not one heading off to one of the most prestigious universities in all of South Korea.

You waited for the train silently, wishing you could just be with Soo-gi.

You say down on the bench, thinking.

How would you be able to survive this school? And what if you were accepted into BigHit?

Accepted???

You hadn't really thought about it. It seemed impossible. You hadn't even told anyone about you auditioning for the same company your brother had auditioned for. Not even Soo-gi. You had been so worried about school and your dad, you hadn't given it a second thought. What would school be like if you made it? Would you be able to see your brother more? Would you even maybe become an idol?

There was no way. Your voice wasn't good enough. Your dancing wasn't good enough. You had a terrible personality. Who would want to see this mess on a screen? Or singing? Dancing?

Even if you didn't make it in, you still had plenty to worry about with the school year approaching fast. You didn't even know if you had packed enough. Would the dormitories be provided? You honestly didn't know what to expect from this school. You didn't even know what you were going to study. The entire future of your education — your entire future in general — was decided by your father.

Not to mention the fact that both of your parents would hate it if you had gotten accepted as a trainee. You saw how they treated Yoongi. You saw what they did to his journal that had written lyrics in. After all, you had been the one who had fished it out of the trash after searching for half an hour just to give it back to him. So you knew if you made it, you'd be excluded from the family for sure. You were already shunned for the fact that — God forbid, — you weren't totally perfect and felt terrible sometimes, but thinking forwards, if you had gotten in ..., nothing good could come out of it. You sneaked outside of the house every night to practice in the bitter wind so that no one could hear your dancing in the room.

Your eyes shot open as the train pulled in front of you.

Quickly picking up your things, you rushed towards the train.

When you entered the train, you looked for Soo-gi. She would've got on a stop before you. And God knows you wouldn't be able to make it through a whole train ride without her. When you saw her familiar raven bob poking out behind one of the seats, you rushed to sit with her. She was already wearing her school uniform, which reminded you that yours was stuffed away in your trunk.

"Hey, Ji-ah," she smiled, hugging you. "I assume you got home okay?"

You nodded. "Yeah. But I had to pack as soon as I got home. I guess that's what you get for procrastinating."

She laughed, her eyes almost disappearing. "You really are a character, ya know that?"

"Known it for a while, Soo-gi," you winked.

Her smile quickly disappeared. "Ji-ah ..., what's this school going to be like?"

You paused. "I've been thinking about that, too. I have no idea. But as long as we stick together, everything's going to be fine, right?"