Visionless Passion

A/N: The gif is to remind you that this is, in fact, a Jungkook x Reader. I apologise because of how slow it is right now, but I couldn't make it move any faster without feeling unnatural. And I also just figured out that the chapter I wanted to post on Jonghyun's birthday, which was almost a month ago, didn't publish until today.

You squeezed Lee Know's hand nervously.

"Hey, Ji," he whispered into your ear. "You're gonna be okay. Got it?"

You couldn't even reply because you were shaking so badly.

"You're going to make it through this round of the elimination.

Inhaling an unsteady and nervous breath, you nodded anxiously. "I sure hope so. I don't even know what I would do if I didn't sing."

"I know, noona," Minho said, squeezing your hand harder. "But you're going to make it. And your dance is going to be so good they're going to want to add you to a group as soon as possible. I believe in you."

You turned to him, your expression full of gratefulness. "Thank you, Lee Minho. For everything."

His expression morphed into confusion. "What in the world do you have to be grateful for, noona?"

You laughed. "Um, how about you being my friend heere when no one else was. Or you teaching me how to dance to help me make my way through training, and helping me find a way to dance in a way which I was comfortable."

He smiled, the joy lighting up his features. "I just wanted to help you find a way to express the passion you have for dancing."

You furrowed your brows. "What?"

"Are you kidding me?" he asked, incredulous.

"I'm just confused as to why you think I have a passion for dancing," you explained.

Minho shook his head in disbelief. "Well I'm just confused as to how you can't see it."

"I'm just confused as to how you can," you countered.

Rolling his eyes, Lee Know wrapped his arms around you. "We could go on like this forever. But, noona, I just want to say right now that you're one of the most passionate people I've ever met."

You raised your eyebrows, surprised.

Before you could counter his compliment, Minho quickly spoke. "And I know you'll take this opportunity to self deprecate, but I've worked with dozens of dancers. And no matter how good they are at following steps, none of that ever matters if they aren't passionate about what they do. Their expressions are fake, and no matter how hard they try, they could never dream of being as expressive as you. When you dance — even with a blindfold on your face — I can see your expression. Your entire story is just laid out, raw and vulnerable for everyone to see. And that's a talent not many people posses."

You opened your mouth to reply, but no words came out. "Lee Know ... I- I don't know what ... I don't know what to say."

He smiled a genuine smile, wrapping his arms around you, encircling you in a tight hug. "You don't need to say anything. I understand."

You dissolved into his hug, a smile spreading across your face, enjoying the brotherly protectiveness of his embrace.

"And don't worry about this presentation. If you don't make it, which I doubt you will, you can always stay with me," he offered, lightly stroking your hair.

Minho wasn't always the physical type, but with you, he seemed to be. "You haven't told me much about your past, but I know that you don't want to go home. And don't worry about that. I've been thinking about auditioning for JYP Entertainment after I get all of your training finished. You could come with me if you needed to."