Chapter 3: It's Her.

Chapter 3: It’s her.

We walk back to our hostel passing through Mamlaka B hostel which lies between the mess and the prefabs. A lot of students are in the TV hall watching the news and once again there are a few ladies on this part of the school compound. Two girls are walking out of the TV hall but we are so busy chatting with Willy that I don’t recognize them. All I can remember is one is dark and the other is brown; they are giggling a lot making everyone stop and stare. We decide to walk in the TV hall and watch the news, although am not a news guy I sometime watch them to be updated. The room is packed with boys, all the seats occupied and some stand in every available space. Am about to false my way out when Willy grabs my hand and pulls me into a position that I am able to watch the TV. The TV is huge and flat producing sound audible enough to everyone in the room. Everyone one is eager to know what is happening out in the country as involuntary silence commence soon after the news man is in view .

I want to concentrate but the dream is still haunting me and I hear a voice inside my head trying to warn me.  It is true that I had prayed for at least an entry in the famous school, but I never thought I would be getting nightmare in paradise. Everyone here is free to do what he wants and have the money and the big city a walk far. But the voice in my head is getting loud and louder.

“Where did I meet you?”

“What do you want with me?”

“What have I done that is wrong?”

She is not there to answer but I have a trick to play on her; once am back on my dream I will just ask these question to her. She is clever with the way she was answering the question back at the dream and sure I will make her talk to me, I am a good shrink.

“But where did I meet you?”

The thought is so persistent in my head; I want to just know where I met her to apologize and change course of my future. I don’t know what else to think it seems to be the only option I have for me to forfeit my cruel death.

“That it, it’s her”

She was the girl seated in front of me why we were registering in during out admission; her mom was talking to my mom while she was busy on her phone I couldn’t disturb her but her hair really smelt nice. I can’t tell the difference between her hair product and her perfume in Unisom they are working their magic. I had earlier comment to my brother about her and that why I think she is so angry with me. Maybe that is why she is appearing in my dreams to warn me of what I was dragging myself into with a single comment. I couldn’t figure out her face but the clothes and the hair resembles hers and her skin to so identical. am  I overreacting or am I just hysterical,  I don’t know why but it is like I want the angel to be this princess I met.

“What the fuck am I obsessing over a girl?”

I must have said that out loud, the whole hall is now looking at me; Willy comes to me still staring at me. He is also speechless and confused at the same time. I must say I feel a little embarrassed but am not the kind to just seat back, I like to poke everyone who is on my way.

“What the fuck are you looking at, do you see a ghost?”

Everyone one turns back to watching the TV but some still staring back to see what happens, they are too irritating staring me like that. Willy grabs my hand and we leave the room just a few meters away from the hall.

“Hey are you alright?”

“Am alright, just still tired I guess.”

                               ******************************************