Chapter 4: What A Mess.

Chapter 4: What a Mess

Am back in my room awaiting the mess to open up for lunch, we have another class after lunch; 2.30 pm to be more precise.

The image of her is still deeply embedded in my brain and as clear as the blue crystal sky. The way her eyes planted in her face with all measure in their absoluteness and in between them her nose so perfect located to complete the look of the angel. The eyes are deep blue like that one of the ocean and a gorgeously wide enough to make her shy away. Her lip a red, a little faded but enough to make her look even prettier than any girl in class. Her skin tone chocolate dark somehow lightening up each time she glows, with dimple on her cheeks each time she smiles working away all the guys in the room. The cheeks are the chubby ones and somehow pinkies just like a princess making her look so adorable. Her hair flowing down long strong and healthy and plaited at its end in the latest design, with the one flowing down to her breast curling up on each side of her breast. She is a fashion girl wearing the latest unfinished design in Kenya; her yellow blouse marching the white kneel length with a slate on either side, I can't see the boot but I bet they are the best. Her friend is more like her wearing fancy cloth just like her and expensive make up. But even with the makeup she can compete with Claire, she has the natural beauty in her.

"You are so beautiful Claire,"

I don't realize that am talking to myself and the thought that I am falling for the girls who is killing me in dreams is hard to take. I open the cabin where I locked all my stuff in an attempt to clear the image of Claire in my mind. It is all in vain for we are going to meet up again in class at 2.30, but I have to forget about Claire at all cost. The fact that I have never been I a real relationship is because I have never had a crush on anybody. The feeling is strange but I have to learn and leave with it, I have seen in the soap opera how love can be damaging. I walk out of the room not forgetting to lock afraid of the repetition of the dream. The line to get food is long so I have to wait in the TV room watching the 1pm news; you can have a view of the mess while you are in the TV room.

I am all done with lunch except am kind of not satisfied the food is quite little and I heading my way back to my room to pick up my books. I walk in to one of the tuck shop scattered in the hostels to buys some cakes. There are of different kind I pick the hard one and start walking towards school, it is early but I have decided to go and wait up there. The distance to school is far too long and tiresome when you are late in time. The best thing is that you get to see more people and a best way to make more friends especially those who are not in your class.

Most of the students are moving back to the hostel, especially those who had lesson before lunch. The best thing about the university life is that everything is disorderly starting from the timetable to classroom. Students will seat anywhere in the class as long as there can the lecture in front and so am not afraid of getting late. We met up with a few of my classmate but we still haven't gotten used to each other. I have another bit of my favorite cake, and start chewing making my mouth dry but still sweet enough.

I still want to meet up with more of my new classmate and so I dart my eyes in the bunch of people, some coming in three or more but mostly three. To be honesty I am looking forward to meet up with Claire but it is proving to be difficult.

"Hey,"

Its Claire and her best friend are walking towards me, but I can talk since am about to swallow my cake. It is always natural that my eyes are widely out as if am about to die, trying my best to swallow it causing my throat to ach as I force the lump of food down. I can't breathe with the situation, and I kind of feel so embarrassed. They pass laughing after the incidence and continue talking constantly looking at me.

"Jesus Christ!"

This girl look like a disaster to me, the way she is looking at me and this is killing me and I almost trip when again they laugh. The more I see her, the less I am myself constantly freaking out or either being absent minded. I don't want to think about her any more, but she is not just like all other girls, she is even more beautiful.

"What I am defending her?"

I mumble that out loud such that all I want is to be out of the place I am walking on and fly my way to school. Everybody around me is looking me weirdly until I hear my name being called from behind. It is always Willy with that kind of roar and laughing with his other new buddy. They must have seen that, oh I just want to cry but there are no tears flowing. I slow down as to await Willy and his friend who are behind me still choking in laughter.

"Hey, you have met Arthur?"

Finally says after completely retain his composure, for sure I have met Arthur but somehow he looks weirdly tall. Hey even though were making friend I think Willy is exaggerating a lot, this friend is not my time he is awful quite and with no swagger.

"Of course willy, I have met Arthur. Thanking for making my day weirder."

"What was that, with those girls from our class?"

Am about to punch him in his face and wipe that smirk he is putting, until a thought comes in telling me that I don't have many friends.

"There were just say that you look weird."

The other guy somehow gets a mouth and is speaking just holding his laugh tight for it not to burst out. The friendship thing is kind hard for me; I speed up leaving the two chatting just like little girls.

"I can't take anybody here."

I look up in the sky as if the sun is the only thing that is going to calm my nerves. One thing that is similar both here in Nairobi and back at home is the sun; shining in your eyes makes you forget everything and somehow blanking you brain. I think I just want the earth to open up and swallow me down just to hide for the entire day.

"I guess this is how it will all end."