Chapter 10:The First Move

Chapter 10: The First Move

"Ooh that hurts my head"

"You must have all this at you fingertips."

There is no way I was going to understand this course. The complex figures are just running through my head jumping all round I have to read more than twice. Who invented learning its just torture. I steal another gaze of the beautiful tutor seated right beside me.

"Are you okay" she asks bring my mind to the real world and its agony.

"Of course you make a fine teacher, I couldn't have done this on my own."

"So away from that, how your leg fairing."

"Well the pain is gone, but at time it twitches."

I can't tell her look but its not a pity face. She look at me again trying to figure out if am lying or not. It is one of those deep gaze a parent wouldn't miss while punishing her own child. Or the faint eye contact boys make when something is wrong in a certain story his girlfriend is giving.

Since last week we heard this tutors in the library. Most of them ending up in a fair understanding of the course. The environment is good but the strange look from her always  mesmerize me. At some point she has to drift me away from my fantasy. But well who can handle this intense beauty. She has been avoiding the whole idea of relationship all through.

"How are you handling you relationship."

She blushes away from the question and focuses on the book. This time trying hard to concentrate but I can see she is not into the content. The silence must have been long until she decides to answer.

"Its cool besides it just a campus thing"

"Well its never a campus thing if you hold on it tight."

She looks at me and releases that am dead serious and confident. The smile pasted on my face at least lightens thing up a little bit. She must have thought that I really hate martin as she still examine my look more and more.

"What is it with you and martin?"

"We are cool, why do you ask?"

"Is just that you and martin have similar characters."

She stares always from my face as if in deep thought and what she was about to say is so painful to say. I  almost get to speak when she interrupts my thought and starts to speak again.

"I had a boyfriend back in high school who was just like martin."

She clears her throat letting it settle down and regains her composure.

"He used to be extremely arrogant as the same time not giving me space to breathe.

At first we were so in love but I grew far away from him up to a break up."

"What about you, have you ever had a girlfriend."

I must admit this came as a surprise and my mind is running fast. To be honest I never considered them as my girlfriend but of course am a man I have to figure out a story to cover that. She sit back with her hand crossed in her chest ready to hear my story.

"I.... It just a old one I dont  like telling it"

Her eye are choking my ego I don't even realise am stammering. She still wanted an answer or something close to that at least to feel equal.

"She was great, but it takes me time to heal."

"What was her name?"

"She was called ...Anita from my home town.
But since then I have been trying hard to erase until someone new came in."

"Who's she, is it someone I know."

"You know her pretty well but that the story for another day."

"What about Anita what happened."

"She went overseas and now she is married."

She seem to have thought that fate had the bad side in me. She had never seen my girlfriend and yet I said she knew her very well. We her friends playing or was I the one messing with her. We were bother in deep thought for the next 30 minutes I wondering why I chose that story.  I thought for a moment that she was the only one I could call my girlfriend back in those days. But it gets better with time I find my mind reminiscing.

"What?" She starts again

"I mean it easy to think of it but relationship at first are easy proceeding being hard with time."