Chapter 2: The Dream

It is really weird since the moment I slept; I find myself waking up and walking out of the door and somehow forget to lock the door. The light from my door suddenly vanishes and some light sprout out on the other end of the hallway, towards the outside.  The hallway that was jammed with a lot of student is now free and silent with not even a single student chatting or tuning up the volume of their radio.  I walk still until I reach to the end of the hall way only to find the door is locked. In my memory I could see some light emanating from the door that leads to the front porch beside prefab 8. I bang the door but no one answer except I can hear girls giggling behind the door and then walking towards the door as if they want to unlock it.

“Hey nobody messes with me,”

My voices is more of a roar than a sound, they somehow get scared and run away as their steps disappears away. Looking back I see that all the rooms’ behinds me have disappear, am about to yell when something flies down shining that it is not possible to figure out what it is. It is in a figure of a person with the wings flapping to a standstill.

 Her shinny faces now clears up into one of the beautiful girl; just like the one I had seen earlier but this time more chocolates. Her hair is long but it is not natural, with a little weight in her chest more of her size 8. Her wing a tender made of cotton wrapping her once they come to standstill. She is less tall than me and strongly holding her body part close enough in her small packet as compared to mine. She is looking at me, with her chocolate brown eyes so gorgeous I find it difficult for me to withdraw mine.

“What are you a nerd now,” she finally breaks the silence

“What?”

“Think of it, if I am making you to be hallucinate what will happen if you meet me in reality,”

“What the fuck are you?”

“Don’t worry you know in time.”

“Where am I?”

Looking behind me, I realize that am now in the girls hostel, each one of them not realizing that I was there.  They walk in and out of the bathroom in their towel comfortably until am in a room which I push and am still close locked just like the door leading out of prefab 8. There is still some ladies giggling behind the door now discussing and I can hear my name being mention.

“See that the room to which you will never enter,”

The beautiful young lady is back, withdrawing my attention from the door to her face which is now golden shinny. She is flapping her wing and he gets hold of my hand and starts rising up in the sky breaking out of the roof. She is moving very first that I don’t land mark the track of where we are going, he grip so tight to let go. I can know see the whole of the university compound starting from the administration block to the hostel past the workshop and the class room. She is flying so high that the buildings are becoming more and smaller.

“Are you sure that this is safe.”

She looks at me and giggles a lot, with my face red in fear of the height that were we approaching and noticing that I don’t have wing like she has. She flaps more increasing his speed and now I can see we are approaching the moon and the moon is increasing in size.

“Hey can’t you slow down,”

“You are a brat that deserves to die,”

She releases me from his grip allowing the act of gravity to let me down at a very high speed, increasing by each minute.  I look down now approaching the ground now zooming in more rapidly than I had left. Her laughter is ear splitting, and continuously   echoing through my ears as I am about to hit the ground.  She is kind of following as I pears through the atmosphere as the sound of his laughter is still loud enough and is not diminish.

As am about to hit the ground, am back to reality and my heart is throbbing and beating really fast that usual. The lights are still on and my bag laying the bed and I am lying on the bed on the left of the room with my both hands on my forehead. Am still panting with every noise that had disappeared reappearing again harmonically as I woke up rubbing my eyes for they are feeling a little sore.

“What a stupid nightmare?”

There is a knock and so with no hesitations I drag my body to unlock the door, I open the down and let it slide out open. It Willy; we met during registration; he has helped me applying for the room and paying my school fees for I looked confused. He had to leave me on my one since his parents were now leaving for home so he had to escort them.  To be honest he has been my first friend since I joined the school, it is cool since we are meeting up for the second time. He is quite funny, just looking at him you will obviously find you self laughing. We have decided that we are going to do the same course to maintain our friendship.

“Hey dude how you are holding up,”

“I just dozed off; you are in which room,”

“I am here 17, you neighbor.  Anyway let’s go and eat it dinner,”

It is true that it 6.30pm, time here in Nairobi seemed to move a little bit faster, just then it was 3.00pm and now we were going for supper. I must have slept a little too much that it somehow made my phone disappear. I am looking for it, but somehow the dream has gotten into my nerves that I can’t think properly. Willy is seated on the right bed and looking as if am in sane or something close to a mentally handicap able child.

“Hey can you see my phone there.”

“Yeah here it is,”

“Okay let’s leave,”

We leave together with Willy heading to the school mess opposite of the prefabs my mind still consumed by the dream. It is hard to find a girl that is willing to kill me, for years I haven’t gotten into a real relationship, every time maintaining just the friendship.