Chapter 8: We Kissed

I must say that when it on a Monday everything is a mess starting from my cabin which is the closest to my head. The smell of the dirt cloth that was supposed to be clean that weekend is still lingering the 6 by 6 airless cabin. The light from the window is forcing me to wake up and head to class. I look across to martin’s bed, hoping that I don’t find him which has been a disaster for week now. My leg is stable and the connection between Claire and martin is what has been hurting me the most. The have been going out every week and sometime spending a night trying to keep me busy. But all in all i dont like martin, he is one of those backstabbing friends.

"OMG!"

I exclaim as the young lady sleeping in martin turns to look what had happened to me.

"Hey are you feeling alright?"

the lady asks but still with my blurrily vision I cant clearly see she is so I strain as much as possible until I see his robe hanging right in front of me.

"Do you want water?"

the sweet sound asks again and now she is holding a glass of water, her leg are just the chocolate brown I have been wishing to find so creamy that I want to lick them. Am kind lost in my thought and in every in I just want a view. So a slowly raise my head to see who it is.

"You know am martins girlfriend. Right?"

"Yeah! I understand that clearly dear but how do I resist such beauty, do I kill myself to never exist or should live and have you closer but yet too far?"

Our eye meet instantly and the deep brown color of her eyes are holding me too strong for me to resist. She is sad and the more I look at her is as if I can drag all her sorrow away and see her smile back. We take a few more minutes still staring at each other everyone embeds on their own thought. The smell of her apple perfume flows still though the atmosphere

"Why are you sad my dear?"

"I just don’t know, " she say, “am not this bad I just feel that it is my fault that you lying in that bed."

"What are you talking about, it not you, it was just an accident dear."

"And the way we have been treating since you came, I just want to apologize."

"Hey you don’t have to do that and don’t punish yourself because of me; beside I am feeling better nowadays."      

I move closer hoping she can read in between that I just want to kiss her. The more I move closer the move she tries to resist the urge. We are about an inch her eyes are already closed and as I am about to plunge in my lip there is a bang on the door.

"Hey baby what you two are doing…….?"

"She is bringing me water martin, what do you think of me?"

I cut him short but somehow he is shock, I must have made a fool out of my self.

“I meant baby are you busy tonight.”

“No!”

“I just wanted to take all of you out today.”

Hemust have found us so close fo him to beg for more answers from her. She is pretty and thatmakes him more worried and a respond in guard of his territory. But he seems less worried as if he trust I can do nothing threating, like invading his territory. it is true that I have avoided conflict at all cost, but there are things , I would risk for, She is gentle and leaving her with all this feeling around me would be an injustice and I hate injustices. She stares back at me trying as hard to read my face , and turns back to looking at his new boyfriend. I know she loves me , but  the rift  between us is  widening  as martin is making more  and more attempt to woo her.

"Nothing that important  you may need to know?"

I finally answer in aim of helping Claire and clearing the misty atmosphere that is clogging the air inside the little cabin. She is worried I can tell that by the way she looks back at me again still trying to figure out, what is going through my mind,  but it is all clear that boundary must be set.

"Claire you look like you have been hit by a truck. Is everythimg alright?"

Martin finally blurts out with little of his attention towards me, while my mind drifts aways into the thought of what  I had done. She seem sad again, and the thought of that we would never be that close  again, creeps in haunting every being in me.

"Why do I have to always shut people away she seems  to be having a god side when she is guilty."

Soon a cold shiver takes me back to reality in which martin is pouring ice cold water in my face with all his freinds laughing. The cold water is still drizzling through my eyes,  and I cant get a clear view of who they are. But i guess  my first  year would be a long  one, with all of these  little prank that for years i have  tried to stop. He is not the first of my friend to pull out this kind of prank, infact most of my friends have being doing this to me , since i was a kid.

It is the obvious fine men and women of my class , but  what brings me back completely is Claire who is seated next to willy with her beat friend. She seems a little  embrassed with all the attention towards me and her while everybody chanting her name and mine.

"What going on here?" I shout still confused.

She stands up and leaves without saying a thing, while everybody is still staring at me without a clue of what  to say to them . Martin follows her and there is a dead silence in the room with everyone following suite in silence while others still gossiping.

Willy is still there but amost everybody has left the room. The boring room is back to normall with the same stale air that has really affected my social life and just a look of willy talking to Claire's friends is making me feel jealous. It seem as if everybody is working together to come back at me despite my effort to put a freindly face. it is at that moment that i realise that i have ruined a party marting  hasd promised me and claire.

Soon they live giving me a moment to return to my wonderland at least where life is much easier and fun than this hell hole where everbody  is laughing  at me.  it is wonderful  at wonderland but no more fun as a bang bring me back , this time it is martin who is brathing fire shout as if he want to eat me alive.

"What with you now"

"What  is with me? You must be kidding.  That was you birthday treat as you ruined it, more so my girlfreind think you freak. How could you eveb think to kiss my girlfriend."

"Was that for real."