Chapter 6: Meet My Roommate

Chapter 6: Meet my roommate

“Hey what are you doing here?”

I ask Claire who is now busy freaking out that a crown was about to rape her after regain my conscious and she is visible in my sight. Her friend is now coming towards me lifting the pan up to hit me again, it is lucky that my towel is tightly held I would be running naked.

“Thank you for asking cause, I Don’t thing martin keeps crown in his room.”

Oh my God she is going to kill me, so I crawl to the corner drawing anything that could block her way and pick up a sheet on the bed and wipe my face the foam. Her eyes are steaming like an angry lioness protecting it cubs from and invading danger.

“It’s me!”

I scream as she gets closer ready to hit me in the head just like hissing snake and suddenly stop on realizing that it is me.

“Oh my God, it is Steve,”

“Of course it’s Steve you want to kill?”

“What, that freaking loser in our class?”

“Hey guys remember am still here? And what do you think you are to speak to me like that in my house?”

“Do you think you can scare us with that crown look, it not even funny.”

I think to get along I must ignore these brats, so I decide to try and stand up with my arm supported on the two of beds in the room.

“Ouch!”

There is a sharp pain in my left leg that I just fall back to the floor and it feels like the world has stopped rotating. A sigh escapes my mouth as I may have activated the dormant pain in my leg. I knew the moment I saw her that she was going to be trouble and now it is her fault that the worst could have happened to my leg.

 And martin, he must be the one behind all these; he is the roommate who is still my classmate. Taller than me, smarter and a cool guy to hung up with especially during the weekend where we go for a drinking spree at a club his father own. He is handsome but not as compared to me, with his dread short and clean. I must say most of the time we are with him, every girl is smiling back at him but I guess they just love his dread they surely look good on him. He is not that funny but I like him for his generosity when it comes to beer; he makes sure that you are drunk to the fullest. Most of the time I am with him or just the three of us with Willy watching a movie or in the field playing football

Oh God I can’t play football anymore, I am kind of forcing my eyes to cry but there are not responding to my commands. I look at the two ladies standing in front of me as if wandering whether I was dead or just pretending to get their sympathy.

“Gosh help me! You dummy brat.”

“What did you just call us?”

“You heard me right, dummy brats.”

“Then suit yourself and let the dummy brats help you.”

There are actually leaving me strangled with my broken leg, there don’t really have the slightest portion of the human heart

“Okay, please help me.”

“Next time use the word please.”

Claire says as she pulls her friend back to the room, they lift me and place me on my bed with her friend picking up a bowl of to get cold water. Claire places a pillow behind my head and checks my temperature via my forehead. She is beside me to careless my head to cool it up as it is now heating up into a fever.  I like being pampered this way I just want to freeze the moment and I can’t even feel the pain in foot. Finally her friend is back with a bowl with of ice cold water and she opens my drawer to look for something to wipe the blood flowing in my left foot.

Claire is still rubbing my head somehow distracting my mind from the pain; her perfume is still doing the magic. Am now closer to her lips that I want to kiss them but something is telling that If I dare then I will be stuck in my room all alone with my broken leg. He friend finally pull out one of my t-shirt, exactly the one I was to wear the following day.

“Don’t!”

“Do you want our help or not?”

 She pastes a smirk on her face as she tears it down into two parts forming a rag to nurse my broken legs. I shake my head so confused of what to say, but the way Claire is handling with the massage is pretty cool you may think she is one of them. I can now feel her friend wiping the wound with the cold clean rag. She wraps it gently constantly trying careless all the side surrounding the wound as she knew the spot that were aching.

“Are you guys some sort of doctors?”

“No but you must see the doctor after this, anyway have some rest and tell martin we came.”

“You are leaving already. We haven’t even known each other.”

“You know Claire as for me; I do flirt with looser like you.”

“Wow! I am the sick one here be a little gentle.”

As they leave the door is open and martin heads in with a bunch of book in his arms and some revision material.

“Okay ladies, I have everything we need for our discussion.”

“Oh martin I don’t think this is a good time for us.”

Now martin notices me lying by my bed, my left leg in a bandage. I don’t like his look, but I can’t even move an inch I have no choice but lie there.

“Hey girls meet my roommate, Steve.”