SIX

*Warning gruesome content at the end of the chapter*

The car parked and we got out. After walking up the flight of stairs, we reached my apartment on the second floor. I stepped back and let Jackson open the door with the keys he had taken from me when he patted me down yesterday.

He opened the door slowly and walked inside. Thomas followed him with his hand on his gun. I was the last to walk in. Once inside, I took a look around, my heart shattering after looking. This could very well be the last day I ever see this place.

"Go get your things," Jackson said. I nodded my head and walked into my bedroom. I pulled out my suitcase from under my bed and started packing it. My clothes quickly filled the case, making me reach for a duffel bag to put the rest in.

"Am I allowed to bring my phone and laptop?" I asked Thomas as he walked into the room.

"Yeh sure. Ryder might want to check them though," He said. I guess that was fair.

I packed my laptop and phone into a backpack with all their cords. I paused and looked at my school books. "What must I do with these?"

"Bring them with, I guess. You could always do an online course or something."

The last thing I had to pack were my toiletries and makeup. After doing so, I brought my bags through to the kitchen. Jackson was looking at the painting on the dining room table. I cleared my throat, catching his attention, "Do you think I could have a minute alone?"

"Ok, we will take your bags to the car and then come get you," I nodded. Once the boys left, I took a deep breath and walked towards the painting. I sat down and lifted it up. Tears ran down my face as I touched it. "This is all your fault," I said.

My sadness turned into anger. I threw the painting on the floor and screamed. My gaze travelled to the tubes of paint and paintbrushes on the table. I took my arms and swiped everything onto the floor. I dropped to my knees and looked at everything.

Just as I did that, Thomas and Jackson ran in. "What happened?" Jackson asked.

"Are you okay?" Thomas asked. I ignored both questions and stood up. I took one last look around the apartment and walked out, ignoring their stares.

I was in the car for about three minutes before they joined me. I turned my head and looked out the window just as Thomas was about to say something. He turned and faced the front of the car and stayed like that the rest of the way to the house. No music was played, leaving the car in an eerie silence.

I didn't wait for them to get out the car when we arrived. I jumped out and grabbed my bags out of the boot.

"Do you want any help?" Thomas asked.

"No," I said.

"Ryder is going to want to see your phone before you take it," Jackson said. I looked at him and put the backpack with my phone and laptop back in the boot.

I marched into the house and up the stairs, not stopping until I reached my room. I slammed the door. Hopefully the boys would hear it and take the hint to not bother me.

I placed my bags on the floor and started to unpack them. My books and stationary were the first things I unpacked, putting them on the desk- very neatly. Did I mention that I am a huge neat freak? My clothes that were able to be folded, were put in the chest of drawers as well as my underwear, bras, socks and costumes. The rest of my clothes were hung up in the walk-in-closet, with my shoes on the bottom.

I set out my makeup nice and neatly on the counter in the bathroom and put out my toiletries. Once I was finished, I put all my empty bags at the top of the walk-in-closet.

The room felt much better to know that I was surrounded by my things. It actually felt like a bedroom now. My worries picked up as I realized I didn't unpack my photos.

The last thing I packed before I left, was my photo album. It had photos of my mom and step-dad as well as photos of my family and friends. I remembered that I had put it into my bag with my phone and laptop. I hope they don't damage it.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard noise coming from outside. I went to the balcony and looked out. The boys that were here this morning, were scattered around the pool with a bunch of girls. Some were in and around the pool whilst others were throwing a ball around.

I looked around to see if I knew any of them and came across Jackson who was sitting with a girl. Does he have a girlfriend? Thomas was also there, tossing a ball with some guys. I think one of them was Noah. I couldn't see Ryder anywhere.

"Ugh," I groaned as I walked inside. How can they have so much fun when they have a girl kidnapped in their house? Stupid no good gang.

I closed the door and switched on the tv. Too my happiness, the Tv had Netflix on it. I quickly put in my account details and started watching a horror movie. Is that deep? I don't know? But if it is, I'm glad because I do not want to be happy right now.

My movie choice was 'Terrifier'. Was it scary? Fuck yes. It was about a clown who tortured people on Halloween night. He chooses two girls to stalk and then kill. The first girl he captured, he tied up and hung her upside down and then sawed her in half from her crouch to her head whilst she was alive, in front of the other girl. I did not know what happened to the other girl because I turned it off and ran to the bathroom. I was not prepared for that. Come on Skyler, think happy thoughts. My body cringed every time I thought about it.

I returned to the bed and put on 'Barbie, A mermaid Tale'. What a great way to end the day. I am not being sarcastic. I actually love Barbie.

It was around eight at night when there was a knock on the door. I went quiet, hoping that they would leave if I didn't answer. There was one more knock before they said, "I'll leave your bag at the door." I didn't know who it was, but I waited ten more minutes before going to check.