EIGHTEEN

Ryders P.O.V

I had finished earlier than expected. Once Frey found out that I was coming, most of them disappeared again. A few of them are still left but the guys are handling it. They should be back by tomorrow.

The drive home felt never ending. Thoughts of Skyler played through my mind. The way she stutters when she's nervous. The way she gets jealous when other girls talks to me. Even the way she repeated the words from the Lord of the Rings. I don't know why she is affecting me like this. All I know is that it's driving me crazy.

For some reason, I didn't want to leave her alone today. The thought of something happening to her drove me mad. What if she got hurt?

I arrived home to see the house in darkness. She wouldn't be asleep this early. As I unlocked the door, I was surprised to hear sobbing. The tv wasn't on so it couldn't be coming from that. I walked into the kitchen and turned on the light only to see Alistair holding Skyler against the wall. That bastard.

Without thinking, I practically ran over to them and threw Alistair to the floor. At the same time, Skyler dropped down. Alistair was taken by surprise allowing me to get a few punches in. He tried to fight back, but once he realized it was me, he stopped. Good choice.

I picked the pathetic piece of shit up by his collar and dragged him to the basement. When I say basement, I mean the cell. Once he was inside, I made sure the door was locked and headed back to the kitchen.

Skyler was in the same spot on the floor. Her body was shaking and her eyes were glossy. I bent down in front of her and lifted her head to face me. She flinched at my touch.

"Hey it's alright, it's just me," I cooed, trying to calm her down. It seemed to help as her body slowly stopped shaking.

We sat there for a while, my hand playing with her hair. She didn't mind and neither did I. I kept my eyes on her face, scared of my actions if I allowed my eyes to wonder around her almost naked body. Her eyes had turned swollen and her face was puffy.

If she wasn't in this state, I would be down in that cell beating the crap out of Alistair. How did he get in? I made it clear to everyone that the house was off limits until I got back.

Goosebumps formed on her body and she started to shake again. "Come on, let's go get you some clothes," I said. I got up and slowly lifted her up with me. The walk up the stairs was slow, almost as if she was too scared to move. My arm was around her waist the entire time, guiding her.

Without thinking I turned at the top of the stairs and headed towards my room. She looked surprised by the action but didn't do anything about it.

She looked around my room as we walked inside. It's different to hers. My room is a lot bigger with mostly dark colours. "Do you want to take a shower?" I asked. She nodded and followed me to the bathroom. Skyler leaned against the door as I went through my cupboard. I pulled out a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt and handed it to her. She thanked me with a smile before I turned out of the room.

"P-please don't l-leave", She stuttered, grabbing my arm. I was surprised by her action, but I didn't stop her.

"I'll be back in a few minutes. I just have to sort out Alistair," I told her, taking her hand in mine.

"I'm scared," Skyler said softly. Sadness had taken over her precious face.

"Don't worry. I'll lock the bedroom door so no one can get in." She nodded at my answer and dropped her hand. I gave her one more smile before walking out of the bedroom and locking the door behind me.

I went back to the basement and walked inside. Alistair was fast asleep on the floor. Anger took over me once I saw him. How dare he come into my house after I told him not to and try fuck Skyler? I grabbed the door and slammed it shut.

"Jesus man. I'm trying to sl-" He stopped his sentence as he saw me and looked down.

"Why the fuck are you here?" I shouted at him.

"I didn't think anyone was going to be here," Alistair croaked.

"I said no one was to come here and you disobeyed me." Alistair didn't say anything. I could see a purple bruise forming around his eye. Thank fuck. He deserves it.

"Do not ignore me!" I shouted again. He flinched at my words and began to speak.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm not the only one you should be saying sorry to. Why were you touching Skyler?" He better use the right words.

"I thought that she was the gangs' slut. You know 'free for everyone to fuck'". Those were defiantly the wrong words. I clenched my fists and at a fast past, connected them to his old, messed up face. My anger got the best of me and I didn't stop, not until his whole face was covered in blood.

"Never go near her again. If I find out that you have- I will kill you," I said slowly. With that, I let go of his dirty body, allowing him to fall to the ground and walked out of the room.

My hand was throbbing from the impact. I'm pretty sure some of the blood was my own. I stopped as I got to the stairs. Skyler wouldn't be happy to see blood all over my hand. I quickly went to the kitchen and cleaned up my hand.

I needed to call Noah to tell him what had happened but that would have to wait. Skyler was more important. It's only eight, I can always call Noah once she's asleep.

I walked up the stairs at a surprisingly fast pace. I wanted to make sure she was safe.

"Skyler?" I called as I walked into the room. She never answered making me worried. As I looked around the room I found her standing by the window looking out into the garden.