NINETEEN

The last thing that I remembered was falling to the floor. My mind was a mess after that. I could hear the sound of contact against skin but I was too shaken up to pay any attention to it.

The noise quietened down a few minutes later and I was left in the silence. What would have happened if that person didn't show up? What would that veil creature have done to me?

A hand touched my face causing me to flinch. What if he's back? No, no, no! I can't go through that again.

"Hey it's alright, it's just me," A voice whispered. Ryder. I knew straight away who it was by the sound of his voice. Ryder had come to save me. My body relaxed at his touch. I'm safe now. I think.

After sitting there for a while, with his hand playing with my hair, he eventually spoke up. "Come on, lets go get you some clothes." I almost praised him from his words. My almost naked body was freezing from sitting on the cold floor.

Ryder guided me up the stairs with his arm around my waist. What confused me the most was the fact that he turned at the stairs. He turned to the other hallway, leading to his and Noah's rooms. I would have said something but I didn't want to be alone. Not after what just happened.

His room was different to mine. It was incredibly dark, but beautiful. The room itself was quite big, much bigger than mine.

"Do you want to take a shower?" Ryder asked pulling me out of my thoughts. I nodded. It was almost as if I was too scared to talk. I leaned against the bathroom door and watched as he went through his cupboards. He pulled out a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt and handed it to me.

Ryder turned to leave and without thinking, I spoke up, "P-please don't l-leave." My hand shot up and grabbed his arm.

"I'll be back in a few minutes. I just have to sort out Alistair," Ryder said taking my hand in his. I looked at his hand, silently wishing that he wouldn't let go.

"I'm scared," I admitted.

"Don't worry. I'll lock the bedroom door so that no one can get in," He said. I nodded again and dropped my hand, allowing him to go. Ryder gave me one last smile and walked out the room.

As soon as I heard the door close, I headed straight for the shower. His bathroom was superior to mine. There was a double white, marble sink with a massive mirror above it. The bath took up most of the room from its size- I wouldn't be surprised if it was a jacuzzi. Finally the shower. It had glass doors on either side, with a floor made of different stones. This bathroom defiantly did not match the rest of the room. It was too light.

After admiring the bathroom, a little while longer, I finally got in the shower. The hot water stung my slightly sun burnt skin, but I didn't turn it down. I needed the hot water to wash away the dirtiness that had taken over my body.

The water had started to get cold by the time I got out. Shit. Did I just use all the hot water? I was looking at the clothes Ryder had given me when realization hit- I don't have any underwear. Great.

I ended up putting my bikini bottoms on under the sweatpants, which hung lowly on my body. The t-shirt Ryder had given me was quite big so I decided to leave the bikini top off. Maybe he can give me a hoodie or something. Wait, what am I saying? It's not like I'm going to be staying in his room, am I?

Once I was dressed, I went back to his room and started to look around. A small lounge suite sat in the corner of his room with a tv above it. A large desk was situated to the right of it. On his desk, was a photo frame. Inside it was a photo of two young boys. They were standing with their backs to each other, each one having a pout on their faces. Their tiny hands were together in a way which made them look like guns. By the look on the one boys' face, I figured it was Noah. I couldn't help but smile at the picture in front of me.

I placed the photo back on the table and walked towards the window. The view was beautiful. It had the perfect view of the pool as well as the garden. I wish I could see it during the day.

"Skyler?" Ryder called. I turned around to see him walking towards me. "Are you okay?"

I shrugged, "I don't know."

"What happened?" He asked. I kept quiet. What was I supposed to say? Alistair kissed me and tried to touch me and I couldn't stop crying. That would make me sound like a baby. But I guess that's what I am. "It's okay, you can tell me."

"It's stupid," I finally said.

"It isn't. Especially if it's what I saw."

"He slapped me twice and forced kissed me and he, he was rubbing his hand on the inside of my thigh and he was untying my bikini bottoms," I slowly said. Images of Alistair played through my head and I almost started crying again. Ryder must have noticed as he pulled me towards him into a hug.

"That bastard. He deserves everything that's coming to him," Ryder said in almost a deadly whisper. His tone gave me shivers, but they quickly disappeared from the warmth of his body.

My body was pressed tightly against. His arms were wrapped around my lower back and mine were around his waist. I allowed my head to rest against the inside of his shoulder as he laid his head on top of mine. My mind started to wonder about our close proximity, soon remembering that I was not wearing a bra. Heat raised to my checks.

I pulled away from him, with a small smile on my face. I can't believe that just happened. Does he know that I'm not wearing a bra? Could he feel it?

"Why are you smiling all of a sudden?" He said with a soft voice, a tiny smile now present on his face.

"Oh no reason," I said looking down at my body then back up at him. "Can I borrow a hoodie?"

"Hmm," He said with a smirk replacing the tiny smile.