Chapter 1 - Before it happened

(A/N: That's Reyna Marie in the picture)

Well where do I start? Oh right...my name. Well my name is Reyna Marie Mendes and I love my name because I have the same last name as my favorite celebrity. His name is Shawn Mendes and he's the best celebrity there is. I love all his songs. I especially like Youth, In My Blood, Mercy, There's Nothing Holding Me Back, Stitches, and Life Of The Party. Those are all like my all time favorites. I'm an orphan in an orphanage in Toronto. I've been trying to get Shawn's attention for 2 years and it hasn't worked. Petitions, instagram messages, snapchat, messages. Nothing has worked. Some people have told me to give up while others have told me to keep pursuing my dream of meeting Shawn Mendes. I don't listen to anyone except for my head and my heart so I continued to pursue my dream.

Little did I know that my life could change in a day and a half.

I was in school putting my books away in my locker when my phone went off in my pocket. I didn't think anything of the notifications simply because I thought it was my best friend who never comes to school because "School is a prison for underage kids". That's when I look at my phone and I damn near drop it. There were a lot of Snapchat and Instagram messages from my favorite person ever.

Shawn Mendes

Shawn Mendes texted me! What should I do? Text back? Leave him on seen? Ignore him? I did the only logical thing I could do. And that was text back. I texted a simple "Hi" and he responded instantly. I can't believe this was happening to me. I texted him about my life and my whole life story explaining that I lost my mom a little over a year ago to drug addiction and that I had never known my dad. He told me that he was sorry to hear but glad to hear that he impacted my life.

Then he gave me the best news he could ever tell someone in the Mendes Army: He can meet up with me at anytime and anywhere as long as I'm okay with it. I texted and told him that I could meet him at 4:30 at the park.

Exactly at 4:30, I was at the park, sitting on a bench waiting for him. 5 minutes later, he walked by me looking for a "Reyna Marie Mendes" and I popped up instantly out of my seat because I was so excited. I was finally meeting someone who might actually listen to me and not blow me off for the first time. Someone who might actually care. I couldn't believe this was happening to me. I ran up to him and without thinking I hugged him. He laughed and hugged back. I broke down in tears of happiness. When he pulled away he asked the most oblivious question ever, "Are you Reyna Marie Mendes?" I laughed. "Of course I am. I'm glad I finally get to meet you. And it's so cool that we share a last name!" He laughed at that part. "If I ever met my daughter, I would imagine her to be like you. Spilling everything out to me. But I couldn't meet her because her mom Lauren wouldn't let me simply because she thought I wasn't helping her enough financially. She got a restraining order on me the day before my daughter was born. Then I found out that she had died from drug abuse and that was a little over a year ago. I don't know where my daughter is though. She would be 14 now."

I found myself eating up every word he was saying. I felt myself feeling compelled to listen. It feels great for the great Shawn Mendes to open up and tell someone the actual truth when he's not on camera. He stopped and said, "I'm sorry I don't know why I just told you all of that, but I really need someone to talk to." I look at him and I see that he had been crying. There are tear streaks down his face. And for once he isn't smiling at all. I hate seeing him like this but it's good that he's letting out the truth. Even though I just met him, I feel like he's a part of my family. I don't know why but that feeling is just there and I can't get rid of it.

So there Shawn Mendes is, telling me everything. Everything from his crush on Camila Cabello, to his struggles of being a celebrity, to his recent relationship with Hailey Baldwin Bieber the girl who just got married to Justin Bieber. He got so sad that he started singing out of nowhere. He started singing Stitches, a well known song of his.  I didn't sing along for 2 reasons 1.) I can't sing 2.) He needs to let out his pain.

I thought that I'd been hurt before
But no one's ever left me quite this sore
Your words cut deeper than a knife
Now I need someone to breathe me back to life

Got a feeling that I'm going under
But I know that I'll make it out alive
If I quit calling you my lover
Move on

You watch me bleed until I can't breathe
Shaking falling onto my knees
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches

Tripping over myself
Aching begging you to come help
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches

Just like a moth drawn to a flame
Oh, you lured me in, I couldn't sense the pain

You're bitter heart cold to the touch
Now I'm gonna reap what I sow
I'm left seeing red on my own

Got a feeling that I'm going under
But I know that I'll make it out alive
If I quit calling you my lover
Move on

You watch me bleed until I can't breathe
Shaking falling onto my knees
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches

Needle and the thread
Gotta get you out of my head
Needle and the thread
Gonna wind up dead
(3x)

Needle and the thread
Gotta get you out my head
Get you out of my head

You watch me bleed until I can't breathe
Shaking falling onto my knees (falling on my knees)
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches (And I'll be needing stitches)

Tripping over myself
Aching begging you to come help (Begging baby please)
And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches

And now that I'm without your kisses
I'll be needing stitches (2x)

After he was done singing, I was in tears, he was tears, people crowding around was in tears, hell even the animals were in tears. That's how emotionally powerful his voice is. I love him so much as a fan. Like I would do anything for him. I'm still glad I get to meet him. This feels like such a dream to me. I'm glad mine are coming true.