Prior Engagement

A/N Hello to all of my new readers! I apologize for not having a proper update schedule, but school has been a lot recently. Enjoy :)

Remus' POV

   I followed Snape into the sitting room to greet the arriving Order members. Many of those entering were new members and it was refreshing to see some young faces in the group, including the older Weasley boys. Only a few extra comments were thrown my way from Snape so I wasn't overly bothered. Judging by the look on Percy's face, he wasn't so fond of these comments. Which was nice, though he didn't know what the real basis for these words was.

More Order members entered the room. Some appareated in, a few came through the front door, and others entered from various places throughout the house. Harry and the younger Weasley kids were still upstairs, which prevented them from attempting to get in on the meeting, which was nice. Though I wondered if Harry was up for a meeting considering the fact that he had slept for much of the morning and didn't look completely well. As all the Order members filed in, I waited for Tonks to enter as Sirius was with Percy's parents at the moment.

"Filth! Scum! By-products of dirt and vileness! Half-breeds, mutants, freaks, muggles, begone from this place! How dare you befoul the house of my fathers--"

I grinned. Apparently, Tonks had entered. Percy had stiffened very early on in Mrs. Blacks speech, which was rather confusing considering muggles hadn't been mentioned until the end of her list of insults. Snape stopped in his tracks.

"I wonder who she is talking about, Lupin," He drawled.

I went to take a step forward, putting some distance between Snape and Percy. I didn't want Snape to turn his attention on him due to him being a muggle (though I hadn't seen Snape insult muggles recently) or by the kid's association with me. Before I could do that, though, I was interrupted.

"Funny, considering you look like you could be half-bat right there," Percy drawled with uncanny resemblance to Snape's own tone,"Sir."

Snape opened his mouth to reply, then closed it before opening it again, gapping like a fish. Snape must've definitely heard the bat references before. He'd taught Fred and George, among others, at Hogwarts. But I had to stifle a smirk as I had never seen a kid match Snape's verbal attacks towards others so quickly.

The portrait of Mrs. Black had finally shut up, after a brief struggle between the curtain, Molly and Tonks. Tonks walked into the room and waved me over, looking rather sheepish and quite embarrassed for what I could only assume was tripping over the umbrella stand. After a few moments, Percy stepped around Snape and walked over to where his parents were conversing. I quickly followed his lead, walking over to Tonks to wait for the meeting to start.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Percy's POV

   It was ironic, really. The Order people were having some important meeting about some upcoming war with 'Dark Wizards,' and they believed that I too young to sit in on it. Even though, unknowingly to them, I probably had the most experience with war in the room. Someone should've told the gods, titians, giants and Gaia that I was too young to participate and to leave me out of everything. That would've worked.

  So I sat upstairs, in the room that Harry was sharing with the youngest Weasley brother, basking in the awkward silence that enveloped the room since I entered. I decided to do something at least marginally productive with my time- a shocking move on my part- and pulled out a small planner that Annabeth had bought me and looked over my plans for the rest of the summer. My half-hearted attempt to erase myself from the awkward situation wasn't nearly as successful as I hoped, though, as I was quickly noticed when I managed to drop my planner on the floor- loudly.

"So, Perseus," One of of the redheaded twins began, carefully accentuating my first name.

   This elicited eye rolls from this younger brother and sister, a soft laugh from Harry, and a satisfied smirk from the of the twin. Personally, I took it as the reasoning for not introducing myself with my full name- or letting my mom do that either.

"Mind letting us introduce ourselves?" The other twin continued, his eyes glinting as stood up. The behavior distinctly reminded me of the Stoll brothers. This would be good.

"I'm Fred," The first twin announced, also standing up and doing a quick bow.

"George," The second twin introduced himself, mimicking his brother with a second, much larger, bow. Harry grinned at their antics, while their siblings looked on resigned.

"This git right here," Fred began, attempting to pull his brother up before being brushed off, "is little-Ronnie-kins,"

"It's Ron," The youngest Weasley brother corrected swiftly at my questioning look. Before one of the twins could retaliate, their sister got up, shoved them both out of the way and held out her hand.

"Ginny," she said, rolling her eyes at her brothers and flushing slightly as I awkwardly shook her hand.

   With introductions over with, Fred bent over to pick up my planner, which had skidded, still completely open, across the floor next to him when I dropped it. As he moved to hand me my still-open planner, though, his eyes must've caught something on the page since he looked at it with rapid interest. Apparently, he deemed whatever I had written down on that page news worthy as he began to read it out-loud, dramatically for everyone to hear. 'Great,' I thought, 'All I've ever wanted was for someone to read my life out loud, like some novel.'

"Summer Plans," He read, as I blushed slightly, realizing what list he was reading," 'Meet cousins in England,' "

"Check," Harry interrupted with a grin.

" 'Pass the DSTOMP test in California,' "

"You're taking a test over the summer holidays?!" Ron interrupted, looking horrified while George nodded his agreement and a small smile tugged on Ginny's lips. Harry looked a bit put out, though I didn't have time to dwell on why.

" ' Talk to Dr. Chase and Athena-' "

"-That's my girlfriend's parents," I offered in explanation. Ginny eyes lit up in slight recognition at my minimal explanation, but everyone else was still confused.

" 'Propose to Annabeth,' " Fred finally read out and everyone turned towards me expectantly.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: Thank you to all of my readers for your lovely comments! This chapter was meant to be titled 'Order Meeting' but then I scraped that and wrote this instead. I hope that this begins to highlight the differences in maturity between Fred/George and Percy. The 'Order Meeting' chapter can be expected to be next, though.