𝟭.𝟭𝟭 | 𝖿𝖺𝗆𝗂𝗅𝗒 𝖺𝖿𝖿𝖺𝗂𝗋𝗌

❛ 𝗙𝗔𝗠𝗜𝗟𝗬 𝗔𝗙𝗙𝗔𝗜𝗥𝗦 ❜
・₊˚៹ . ❪ sacred — act one ❫ ˖ ₊˚.⋆ ✧˖°
࿐⠀┊ ⠀CH. 11⠀┊ ࿐

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

The three Davis' women were seated around the breakfast table in silence. Brianna was scrolling through her group chat to see unanswered messages from Scott. He was talking to Stiles but the boy wasn't answering him. Brianna was now curious to know if something happened between them. She usually stayed out of anu fight the two had because she knew they'd involve her one way or another. The girl would just have to ask them when she gets to school.

Melanie cleared her throat and both her daughter looked up at her. The woman was in her grey pantsuit ready to take on the day. They way she looked at them, it seemed like it was something important. Brianna glanced at Imani and the two shared a confused look. Imani closed her laptop and Brianna put her phone down.

“Now that I have both your attention, I'd like to inform you both of something important.”

Brianna chewed on the dried fruit that was on the table. “Is it something serious?” Brianna asked her mom. Melanie licked her lips unsure how either of her daughters would take it.

“I think it's something good. At least I hope it would be good for you two,” Melanie said. Imani leaned forward now more intrigued than ever before. “What is it mom?”

“Well, your dad called me yesterday evening while I was at the hospital,” Melanie said and Imani gasped. Brianna was unsure if it was a shocked gasp or happy gasp.

“What did he say?”

“What were you doing at the hospital?”

The two sisters looked at each other when those questions left their lips at the same time. Brianna was more curious to know why her mom was in the hospital than whatever Imani's dad wanted.

“Um, well, Jake said that he's finally coming back home today,” Melanie said which caused Imani to let out a squeal and Brianna to roll her eyes. She was not a fan of Imani's father. She didn't hate him but she also didn't like him. Her life was much better when he'd be gone six months a year, so that she can forget he even existed.

“Dad's coming back today?” Imani asked, her tone filled with excitement. Melanie nodded, “Yes and he said that this time it may be permanent.”

Brianna frowned. “Meaning what?”

“He'd be here with us permanently. He won't be leaving anymore,” Melanie said. Brianna noticed how strained her mom's voice was, which seemed strange for someone who just heard that her husband was returning after six months of being away from home. Imani didn't seem to noticed as she was too excited that her dad was coming back.