Chapter 17

Fiona's P.O.V

I woke up feeling like something's off.It's like my animal instincts are telling me to protect myself.I'm not going to ignore it,because the last time I did,he almost found me.I got up out of bed and took a shower.After my shower,I put on a leather jacket,a shirt that say's 'bite me' in red with blood dripping of the letters,skinny jeans,and combat boots.I think Damon's fashion wore of on me.I dry my hair with magic,and grab my empty purse,and start filling it up.I put in my phone,headphones,charger,three daggers covered in vervain and wolfsbane,a stake,and my makeup.Once I'm ready,I leave the house and go to my car.I get in,and start to drive to Elijah's apartment.Once I get there,I get out the car and go to the door.I knock on the door and a boy who looks about 17 opens the door,and says"Hello."I smile and say"Hi,I'm looking for Elijah."When I say this,a older man,who looks like his dad,comes to the door and says"Who are you?"I keep smiling so I don't snap at him,and say"I'm Fiona,a friend of Elijah's, is he here?"He calms down a little and says"No,but he said if you come here to tell you he's at your brothers house."I can tell he's a little on edge,so I tell him"Thank you,and don't worry I'm not a vampire,I'm like you."I then smile and turn away leaving the two on the doorstep surprised.I get into my car and drive to my brothers house.Once I'm there,I park my car and go to the door.When I get to the door,I look around to make sure no one is watching me,and I shift into a cheetah cub.I use my magic to turn the doorknob,and the door was unlocked.Wow that was easy.I nudge the door open with my head,and 'walk' in.Everything is so big from down here!Anyway I turn around and push the door closed.Once it's closed,I listen for sounds,which I hear coming from the living room,and go towards it.I peak around the edge of the wall that goes into the living room,and see the gang with Elijah sitting there.It seems like they didn't hear the door open and close.When I look around,I see Alaric's missing.When I realize that,my instinct to hide gets stronger.I guess Alaric's part of what's going to happen.I zone back in to what's happening,and realize there arguing about something again.Why are they always arguing.Its mainly my brothers and the doppelgänger,while the others seem bored and awkward.I decide it's time to have fun.I slowly start to army crawl across the floor,which is really hard when your a baby cheetah.By the time I'm halfway across the carpet to where Elijah is sitting,I realize everyone except my brothers and Elena are watching my awesome adorableness.I then role onto my back and start fake swimming with my paws in the air.Caroline and Bonnie aww while Elijah is trying to keep a serious face.My plan was to make them know I'm hear,but now I my plan is to make him laugh in front of everyone.The three were still arguing so I sat up and tried to roar.It came out like a squeak and I sneezed afterwards.The three stopped talking and my brothers stared at me while Elena awwed at me like her friends.They looked weird.I look at Elijah,but he still haven't smiled and I huff in annoyance.Damon breaks the silence by saying"See Stefan,I told you the forrest animals would come for you."This made me laugh,but since cheetahs can't laugh,it sounded hilarious.Everyone bursted out laughing at my sound,and even Elijah was smiling a little.Once the laughter calmed down,Damon said"How did it get in, and what is it ?"I ran at Elijah and jumped towards him.His arms automatically went together,and he caught me.I'm lucky he has fast reflexes,otherwise that would of ended badly.I snuggle into his arms and open a mind link.I then test it out."Hey Elijah."He jumps a little bit and I let out my weird laugh again.He chuckles in his head and says"Hello Fiona."I tell him"Tell Damon I'm obviously a cheetah cub,and he needs to lock his doors."He smiles a little and says"She's a cheetah cub,and you should lock your doors."Damon looks surprised as Elijah talks.I get bored snuggling into Elijah's arms,and start purring as loud as I can.He starts chuckling at me,and rubs my head right behind my ears.I start full on purring,I forgot he knew where my favorite spot to be rubbed or scratched is at.I then start wiggling and I jump out of his arms.I hear the door open,and Alaric's voice drifts out saying"Sorry I'm late,I had some papers to grade."My instincts come back with more force than before,and I run and hide behind the seat Elijah is sitting in.Everyone seemed a little confused about this,except Alaric who didn't see me.I can tell Elijah's confused about me hiding,so I tell him in our mind link"There's something different about Alaric that's making my instincts go haywire,so he can't see me."Everyone goes back to what they were talking about,but I don't listen in since I really don't care what there doing.I get bored hiding,so I think of something different to shift into.I come up with an idea and I tell it to Elijah through the mind link.Once he agrees,i shift into my two year old self,and change my clothes into a cute blue dress with bare feet and a little blue hair band that looks like a bow in my little bit of hair.I then send a simple word to Elijah"Now."I then let out a cute baby giggle and,as I suspected,everyone froze.Before anyone could move,Elijah gets up and comes around the seat.I make sure I take off my protection charm that keeps vampires and other creatures couldn't hear my heart beat.I hear the air shift around Alaric,and I know he can hear it.Elijah then gets to me and I wink at him.He picks me up,but holds me at an angle so no one can see me,and it works since I'm so small.Once he sits back down,he puts me in his lap sideways,and I start to play with his tie.He just chuckled at me a little bit,and everyone stared at me shocked.I turn myself around,which is really hard,and stare at everyone.I then think of my plan and remember what to do.I then put my head down,and start to speak.