Chapter Thirteen

*Taehyung's POV*

9:30

I just dropped Jenna back to her dorm, time to get home. Or prison.

"Just drop me off here is fine," I say
"Are you sure young man? It doesn't look like there's a house in sight," the cab driver replies in concern
"I'm sure, thanks," I pay him and get off the car.

Of course you won't see a house in sight.That's the purpose. No one finds the Kim house, or a mansion in this case.

Once the cab turns the corner, I walk into the forest. Pass one, two, three trees. Hiding behind a strawberry shrub is a screen. I press my hand against the screen, allowing it to scan my handprint. When the screen recognizes my handprint, the bushes and trees in front of me shuffles itself to reveal a gate. I'm met with another screen. This time, the screen has to recognize my eyes, handprint and I need to punch in a passcode.

Through the gate, I'm greeted with four security guards on duty. I walk down the long pathway to my house. Two more guards stand outside the door to my house.

Before I show myself to the camera screen to allow me into the house, I take a deep breath.

I'm going to be in trouble.

I face the camera.

*Thump*
The heavy, secure door opens up. Inside, two maids bow their heads to me, I nod in return.

I walk slowly and sneakily down the hall to avoid running into my dad.

"Where have you been now? I specifically told you yesterday that you are forbidden to go anywhere except for home, school, and company," A stern voice stops me.

I wince.
Too late. I'm caught.

I sigh and turn towards the living room. Of course he was silently reading his newspaper on his plump velvet chair.
"Father, I'm twenty. I'm allowed to go out. It's only 9:45pm," I sigh
"Not on my watch, you're not. Do you realize how much time you are wasting? The company is number one okay?! You are twenty, get a grip on yourself!" He slams the newspaper on the coffee table and walks into his office.

I numbly walk to my room.
I walk into my room and to my piano corner.

"Get a grip on myself? I've been gripping myself since I was born!" I slap my fingers against the keys
"I've never experienced what a child experiences, I've never experienced what a teenager experiences and whenever I try to get those experiences, I get scold at!" I yell in frustration
"I-I just want a normal life, like a normal person. W-where I can pursue whatever career I want..." I mutter to myself
"I feel worthless, I feel like a puppet being controlled.....I am nothing but a puppet," just like that, a tear rolls down my cheek

I write those words in my notebook alongside the mixed lyrics soon to be turned into a new song.

This is one of the few things keeping me going. My fans who don't even know who I really am. Another fake. Fake it until you make it? Yeah, screw that, I'm nothing but a fake I'm not making it anywhere.

I log on to my YouTube channel and Spotify. I most recently posted my new song.

Scenery

I read through the comments.

Beomg56: I LOVE THIS. V is so talented!

Euphoria: His voice! That deep, breathy yet soft voice, oh my god.

Hope37: This is heavenly, it helped me calm down from a lot of stress happening right now. Thank you for this V.

Yeonj9: This song is absolutely beautiful. I wish I could meet him, he seems like such an amazing person just through his lyrics.