Chapter Thirty Seven

*Taehyung's POV*

The tingling of excitement travel up my skin as I walk out from my hiding spot.

"Smile," I say.

I watch as her expression changes from shock to confusion to a small smile.

"Taehyung? What are you doing here?" She asks me.

"Waiting for you," I say nervously.

"Me? I thought we made a deal to stay away from each other? How about the break up announcement?" She throws questions at me.

Step by step, I walk towards her slowly. I put my arms around her and pull her into a tight hug.
"Change of plans."

"Change of plans?

"You mean-" She starts.

"Yes, I want to keep you for myself," I try to relax.

"Taehyung? Are you alright? Did an alien get into your head? Why are you suddenly saying such random things?" She pulls out of my arms.

I grab her shoulders and turn her so she's eyeline with me.
"Let's try this again,

"Will you, Jung Hope, take me, Kim Taehyung as your real boyfriend?" My expression changes to a serious but nervous look as I notice myself biting my lips.

Hope just stares at me blankly.

Oh no.
I should've known. Why didn't I think that just because I like her doesn't mean she likes me.

"I-I'm sorry. It's okay if you don't like me," I stagger away.

"Hey, Taehyung. What did I say? Speak yourself," she catches my hand.

"I like you, will you be my girlfriend?" I ask.

"Yes," she hugs me.

My heart starts racing and I wrap her into a tight embrace.

Suddenly, the sound of applause arrives from two different directions.

Hope and I look around to see where the applause is coming from.

Jin?
I thought I told him to head back.

"Just wait until I expose you on media," a malicious voice speaks.

From the right, coming out from hiding is a boy with slick black hair.
Jihyung.

Coming out from the other side is Jenna.

"Jihyung? What are you doing here?" I ask taken aback.

"Doesn't matter, all that is important is that you are done. Wait until everyone knows you lied to them all, especially Seline. I don't think Mr. Chow will allow his daughter to marry a liar," Jihyung laughs.

"What proof do you have?"

"This video," he shows me a clip of our conversation.

Oh no. Knowing Jihyung he will post it.

The pair walks away laughing.

"I'm sorry," I say to Hope.
I shake my head continuously, I can't believe I put her through this.

"Look at you, you're apologizing again. Nothing that happened here is your fault," she smiles.

"Now, we don't want Jihyung exposing this or else you and I will be in trouble. We need a solution," she suggests as we make our way to a nearby bench.

I dig deep into my brain. How can I possibly get Jihyung to not post it.

"Could we bribe him?" She asks.