Chapter Twenty Eight

*Taehyung's mother's POV*

I feel uneasy as I stand by my husband's side waiting for Taehyung to return home with the girl. I want to be the mother that supports their child's love life no matter what, that's no question. However, Taehyung's father has a different perspective. He wants status and negotiation. He had a goal to arrange marriage of our own son with Chow Institution's daughter, Seline. I don't think he will take this idea of Taehyung bringing a girl home well.

At the same time, a tingling feeling of excitement arises.

Who will my son bring home? This is the first girl Taehyung is bringing home.

Thinking about it, Taehyung was quite smart to have the media catch them before finally deciding to bring her home. At least at this point he knows his father can't do anything too harsh that can harm our and the company's reputation.

Soon, the entrance to our home creaks open.

My beautiful boy walks into the room with a sweet girl, hand in hand.

Hope. The girl is Hope.

"Is that Jung Hope?" My husband whispers to me very quietly.
I nod.

"Pretend you don't know who she is, remember Hoseok's deal," I remind him.

I walk up to her with a kind smile plastered on my face, despite the surprise of her.

"Mother, Father, this is Jung Hope my girlfriend.
"Hope, these are my parents," Taehyung introduces.

"Hello miss, I am Kim Chanhae, Taehyung's mother. This is Kim Jaegyu, my husband," I introduce with a smile.

"Nice to meet you, Mrs and Mr Kim," she nods her head in respect.

Jaegyu stands beside me sternly, he doesn't need to be so cold.
I squeeze his arm a little to remind him, he returns the nod.

"Miss, why don't you come and join us for tea?" I try to lighten the mood.

She turns to Taehyung for a second, he smiles and nods.
"It would be my pleasure," she replies.

"Ma, could you guys give us a few minutes please?" Taehyung asks.

"Yes, of course. Meet us at the tea lounge."

I link arms with my husband and we make our way to the lounge.

"I don't like this," Jaegyu says once we reach the room.

"Give it a chance, after this tea we will get to know her better.

"And please do me a favour and don't act too cold towards her," I rest a hand on his shoulder.

"Alright," he gives me a small smile.

I understand everything he does he wants the best for our family and the company but sometimes he can make harsh decisions. If Taehyung is willing to bring her home she must mean a lot to him.

Soon, Taehyung and Hope makes their way here. They seat themselves across from us.

I start the conversation up.
"If I remember correctly, you're the girl who worked with my son for the event right?"

"That would be me, yes. Your son was a pleasure to work with," she smiles.

"Thank you,
"What year and major are you?" I ask.

"I joined Jo Seon in semester two, I'm also a business major like Taehyung."

I throw in conversation starters, and sometimes Jaegyu would ask questions.