Chapter Eight

"So the doc was right," Ken said. We were sitting on my couch, as he had just came over. "I've got a split personality disorder."

"Oh..." There was so much more I wanted to and couldv'e said, but I really didn't want to make things difficult for Ken.

"Nikki," Ken said, gazing into my brown eyes.

"Hm?"  

  Ken brought his face closer to mine and kissed my forehead.

"You know I would never heart you, right?" he added.

"I - I know ... but my parents don't..."

"What do you mean?"

"Ken, my parents don't want me hanging out with you...that is, if  you have the disorder...and you do." It pained me to say this, it really did.

"Well, they don't have to know...We'll tell them the doctor was wrong, that he switched my charts with someone else," Ken suggested.

"Good idea." Then I noticed Ken holding his head and scoffing in pain. "Ken what is it?" I asked in concern.

"I fell..." He spoke quietly and softly.

"Kenton Thomas Hill, you did not fall. Tell me what that woman did right now!" I demanded. "Ken...I'm not gonna let her do this to you anymore," I said quietly. I placed my hand on the phone, only to have Ken slap it out my hand.

"Nikki if you're my best friend, you won't call the police."

    I sighed and put the phone back on the table.

"Thank you Nikki," Ken started. "I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, I'll see you later." 

"Bye," I said standing up to show Ken out. I hope he'll be okay! I was finally alone, no one here to bother me. I think the one thing I really need right now is to just be a girl! I always spend my time with Ken, at home, or school. I put on my spaghetti strap black tank top, red jeans shorts, black combat boots, followed by some basic make up. I started walking towards Ken's house to ask Jay to drive me but I stopped when I remembered that I couldn't really do that.

   "Need a ride?" Jay asked. He was leaning against his arms, hands folded with some very cool sun shades on. His form fitting black T - shirt and cargo capri's went nicely together.

"Pshh, no," I replied, turning around.

"You sure? I heard hobos get on the bus for free on Saturdays," Jay joked - or was he serious?

   I made a face and turned back to face Jay.

"Jay, just leave me alone OK?"

"Leave you alone? Nikki I've tried talking to you numerous times but you never gave me a chance!"

"Whatever," I said, rolling my eyes and walking off. Harsh, I know. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jay shake his head and get in his car. 

                I finally arrived at the mall, twenty minutes later. I got off the bus and prepared myself for the large crowd.

I was there for about an hour already, and planned on staying for two more.

 "Nicole! Nicole!!" I heard some one call. I turned around and saw my old friend Kat standing there.

"Kat! Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked, giving her a hug.

"Remember when I left to New York for that modeling thing?"

"Yeah."

"Well I'm back!" she squealed. If that's what New York does to people, then I have to go there! I mean, when Kat left, she had stringy brown hair, a dull face, and the clothes she wore made her look like a string bean with no frame what so ever. Now, she had a tan, make up, full and gorgeous blond hair, and a perfect frame.