Chapter Three

A/N: Hey there! Well here's chapter three. Comment please!!(Dude on the right is Jay)

I shivered as something popped up on the screen. For all I know, I kept on shivering until I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Relax," Jay said. I shrugged his hand off and half smiled. I caught a glimpse of him rolling his eyes out of the corner of my eyes.

"Ah!" I yelled as I jumped back in my seat, covering my eyes.

"Shh!" Jay warned. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up at a man in uniform, who's name tag read: Sheldon Walsh, manager. I gave him a cheesy and cute smile.

"One more outburst and I'm going to have to ask you to leave," he said sternly. I could hear other movie viewers murmuring under their breaths.

"Sorry," I shrugged. He slowly turned and walked back to his post."I'm gonna go check on Ken," I whispered as I stood up. As I turned to start walking, I collided with Ken, sending popcorn all over the place. I gasped and put my hand over my mouth. All the manager had to do was stand before us, arms crossed for us to leave. Jay, Ken and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Well thanks for ruining our date Nikki!" Jay yelled.

"Whatever - and it wasn't a date," I replied.

"Whatever you say!" Jay said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes. "I gotta get home and get ready for school tomorrow - see you guys later," I said.

"Bye Nick," Ken said giving me a slight hug.

"Bye Nikki!" Jay yelled giving me a bear hug.

"B-b-bye," I managed to squeeze out as I could barely breathe.

"Nicole! you're here," mom said as I entered the house.

"Yup."

"I have a surprise for you," mom said putting her hand over my yes. I didn't reject with the hopes that it was a new car for next year when I turned seventeen and could most likely drive. I lost hope for a car when I noticed we were heading towards the living room and not outside. "OK, open," she said as she slowly removed her hand.

"Dad!" I squealed as I attacked him with a hug.

"Nikki!" He returned the hug.

"Dad I missed you so much!" I kept my eyes closed as we hugged each other, but opened them after five seconds.

"And I have a surprise for you, too," he said as I realized a woman whom I did not know sat on the other end of the couch. Her dirty blond hair rested on her shoulders as she smiled at me. My face completely dropped right then and there.

"This is Denise," dad said.

"And this is our baby," she said holding her stomach. A sudden feeling of disgust, anger and depression came over me. Apparently, my dad realized this because his facial expression told me he was upset.

I nodded my head slowly and said, "Excuse me," when tears swelled up. Dad hadn't told me they were having a baby. He hadn't even felt the need to call and say they were getting married - no, I got a stupid invitation. I ran up to my room and closed the door. I got in bed and pulled the covers up over my face. After two minutes, I felt a depression in the other end of the bed.

"Dad, I'm not in the mood," I groaned.

"Come on, I'm not that muscular." The voice was soft and playful, yet stern-it wasn't my father. I snapped my head back to see Denise sitting there, her big old belly taking up all the room. I sat up and glared at her.

"You can't just barge in like that!" I yelled. "Get out, please."

"It took me a long time to get up here, and I have something to say. I'm sorry if you're upset, but your dad and I love each other and we're starting family. Sorry if you don't like it but that's how it's gonna be."