Chapter 6

The next week was hard on Harry.  The mornings were lonely with no one to share breakfast with. When he took Darcy to the park he saw couples kissing, which ripped his heart into pieces. Sitting on their love-seat was pointless with no one to make love to. He couldn't sleep at night worrying about Louis. He rolled over and opened their side-table drawer. He pulled out the little dark read box and opened it. He pulled out the rope half and held it tightly. He wiped a tear from his cheek, and picked up the anchor half. He stuck them together and clinged to them. After a moment, he returned them to the box. He pulled out his phone and texted Anne.

Harry: Can you watch Darcy? I have to go do something very important.

Anne: Of course. I'll be there in a bit.

A little while later, Anne arrived.

"This is something I've waited a long time to do." Harry smiled, grabbing his car keys off the hook, "I'll be back soon."

He ran out the door calling "Thank you."

~*~

He drove to Temple View and went inside. Mckeen stopped him at the door.

"Harry, he's still to contagious." she warned.

"I don't care." Harry sassed, pushing his way into Louis' room, "I have to do this."

"Harry?" Louis asked, with a groggy voice, "I'm still to sick, babe."

"I don't care." Harry cried, grabbing Louis' hand, "I have to tell you this."

"What is it?"

Harry sat beside Louis and cried. "Another day without your smile. Another day just passes by, but now I know how much it means for you to stay right here with me. The time we spend apart will make our love grow stronger, but it hurts so bad. I can't take it any longer. I wanna grow old with you. I wanna die lying in your arms. I wanna grow old with you. I wanna be looking in your eyes. I wanna be there for you, sharing in everything you do. I wanna grow old with you."

"Harry..." Louis cried.

Harry pulled out the small red box, and opened it.

"Oops?" Harry asked.

"Hi!" Louis replied with a cry, "Of course. Always."

"So you'll be my rope?"

"If you'll be my anchor." Louis agreed.

Harry pulled the anchor half out of the box and placed it on Louis' finger. Louis gathered his strength and sipped the rope half on Harry's finger. Harry grabbed Louis hand and kissed it.

"I love you." Harry smiled.

"I love you, too." Louis said weakly.

Finally, the knot was going to be tied.

~*~