Chapter 11

~One Week Later: Monday~

Harry carried Darcy in her cradle, and  held Louis' hand with his empty hand, as they walked down the maze of hallways to Mckeen's examination room, where she sat waiting for them. Louis climbed onto the examination table, like all the times before, and laid down.

"Welcome back, Louis." Mckeen smiled, rolling on her stool beside him, "Haven't seen you in five months."

"I know." Louis chuckled, "I bet you were hoping I would come back for this reason."

"Yes." Mckeen answered, "Only because you boys are special, and now that we know how to handle you, we know the exact procedures we need to take. We don't have to guess this time."

"You know, it's good to be back." Louis smiled widely.

Mckeen felt Louis' abdomen. "Wow, you are very firm this time. More than last time."

"Is that a good thing?" Harry asked, setting Darcy's cradle down and standing beside Louis.

"Yes, it's great." Mckeen reassured, "It's just a different feel from last time, that's all."

She continued to push on Louis' abdomen then, she pulled the ultrasound machine over.

"Harry, would you like to know the gender?" Mckeen asked, pulling out the blue gel.

"Why not." Harry answered with a smile, "Can I do it?"

Mckeen handed him the wand and squirted the gel on Louis' stomach. Harry moved the wand around Louis abdomen. Louis hands started to sweat. He could tell his hormones were turning on again because every move Harry did, he grew harder. He hoped Mckeen and Harry wouldn't notice and tried to focus on the ultrasound screen.

"There it is." Mckeen pointed, "Are you sure you want to see?"

"Let me see my baby." Louis answered, without hesitation.

Mckeen zoomed in on the picture and pointed to the screen. "See? Right-" she stopped.

"What's wrong?" Louis asked, fearing the worst, "I can see a baby...what do you see?"

"It's not just a baby..."

"What else is there?" Harry asked, confused, "It looks just like Darcy's did."

"That's because it is, " Mckeen smiled, "but there's more."

"More?" Louis asked, not sure he wanted to know the answer.

"Louis..." Mckeen hesitated, "...it's twins."

"T-t-twins?" Louis stuttered.

"Yes." Mckeen pointed at the screen again, "You can see the girl right here..." she moved her hand to the other side of the screen, "...and a boy right here."

Louis and Harry stared in awe at the screen. One baby was scary enough, could they really handle twins?

"Aren't twins rare?" Harry asked, after an awkward silence.

"Not as often as you think." Mckeen confirmed, "Triplets are more rare. In the case of twins, normally one parent has to be one themselves or have a family history of having twins."

"I'm both." Louis sighed, "My mum has had two sets of twins, out of eight births, and my twin...sister was miscarried."

"That's right. I forgot how many twins-well, babies in general-your mum had. You have a high chance of twins."

"I can see that." Louis chuckled, nervously, "What does that mean for me?"

"It means that your life is going to get rough." Mckeen joked, shutting off the screen, "I'm going to go get those pictures. I'll be right back."