Book 1 • Chapter 19 • Raped

Eliza

I don't know what to say to him, I can't just say 'oh! I was in a huge castle with royalties, and they are gonna adopt me' can I? No, of course I can't just say that, especially to him. Suddenly I get really shy to be around him, why am I shy? I have never been shy around him before so why suddenly am I now? This doesn't make any sense to me. I swear to God that he is doing something to me but I have no idea what it is and I don't like it either. I really want to know what it is so I can stop is as soon as possible.

"She has been with me and my wife" James tells him, answering for me. Thank God he answered for me, I couldn't possibly find something to say to Jack. Something is wrong with me, I can't speak or talk to him right now. I don't know why James did it but he helped me, why does everyone help me with everything when I need it? Why can't I just deal with my problems myself? Why can't they just figure out that I want to do everything myself? That is what I want, I have never liked when people or just anyone pities me for anything. I hate it. Jack looks at James and glares at him, James ignores his glare and just smiles at me. I have no idea what is going through Jack's head but it's kind of strange that he is glaring at James.

"Who are you, may I ask?" Jack asks, trying to sound nice but is failing and everyone can hear it. For some reason he's angry at James, but what did he do to make Jack so angry? I don't think they have met before, so I'm not sure why he is acting like this. Now I feel like I'm invisible here, it's like those two are just the only ones in the world and I'm not even here. Well its not like this is news for me, I've been invisible many times before so I'm used to this. Since they are talking ,I'm just gonna look around my old town. It's been long since I was here and enjoying myself while doing it.

I walk away from them and leave them talking about who knows what. They are boys and everyone knows how their conversation is always about. I'm just hoping that they don't start fighting or do anything stupid like boys do. I'm walking around the town and it hasn't changed at all, well it has only been few weeks or days, I don't know how long it has been. No one ever told me what day it is or has been, not even when I ask. They always ignore my question, they probably ignore more than half of the questions I ask. Everything seems so busy on this street, everyone is shopping and having fun, something that I will never be able to do in my life and I like it that way. I'm pretty sure Katherine agrees with me. Even if I want to be able to have fun no one would want to have fun with me so I would be all alone, like always.

"Hello beautiful" I hear behind me. I look behind me and see a man walking to me. I can already smell the cigarette and alcohol smell that is in the air. Oh, no! He's drunk, that never ends well. I try to walk away from him but when I turn around to walk the same way I was first going before that man showed up. But another man is blocking my way, probably drunk to. More men come from all direction, surrounding me, making it impossible for me to get away from them. I'm getting scared of them every second that passes by. They are all drunk and who knows what they have been drinking and doing. I tried to run again but one of the men grabs my wrist hard, yanking me to him. My cuts begin to hurt terrible while he is doing this.

"Where do you think you're going? We are just gonna have a little fun with you. Don't even try to scream, or it won't be pretty" He says. Oh! No, I know exactly what they are gonna do to me. The man that is holding my arm takes my other arm and bends them behind my back. I can't scream for help, who know what they can do to me. One of them takes out a knife and walks my way, are they gonna cut me because if so, then they can. I'm okay with that if they are gonna cut into my flesh. He takes the knife and cut a hole on my dress, then ripped it. Now I am only in my bra and panties.

This is the moment I was raped.

Jack

"Who are you may I ask?" I ask trying to be nice to him but it's so hard. My jealously is taking over my body and I feel like I want to kill. I want to know who this guy is and what kind of relationship he has with Eliza. I hadn't noticed that she had walked away from us until I saw her far away walking. Oh! No I want to have Eliza here with me all the time, I never want to leave her side. Not after what she has been through, I promise that she will never go through pain like she has been in, ever again. Not as long as I live, her life is more important than mine and it's my job to protect and love her as much as I can. You have no idea how stupid I have been for the past four/five years to her. She did nothing to deserve this life and I let her live like this, I could have helped her sooner but I didn't and that is the worst mistake I have ever made in my life, I will make sure that will never happen again. I cannot change the past, but I can make better choices in the future.