Scroll 44

"Lady Jung, please calm down." Park sang-gung timidly said as the smashing continues to go on.

"Calm down, you say?!" Minkyung threw a beautiful small vase in the direction of Park sang-gung. Luckily, Minkyung didn't aim properly and the vase hit the door instead. It smashed onto the ground and broke into pieces.

Park sang-gung trembled in fear and dared not move an inch.

"After everything that has happened, you are calling me to stay calm?" Minkyung shouted.

She threw several porcelain tea-cups. She swiped everything that was originally placed neatly on the wooden table to the ground with a big and quick force.

"Soron has lost all the power in court now and I have lost my strong backing. And you still dare to call me to calm down?" Minkyung flipped the wooden table."You must be happy to see me in this state, right?"

She stood up straight and glared at Park sang-gung. "You are laughing at my downfall, aren't you?"

"No, Lady Jung!" Park sang-gung immediately knelt on the floor. She ignored the fact that there were small pieces of porcelain scattered on the floor and that her knee's bleeding.

"Lady Jung?" Minkyung said, as though trying to test how the words roll on her tongue. "Just days ago, I was being addressed as 'Your Majesty'." She laughed loudly like an insane woman.

Park sang-gung remained silent on the ground, with her head lowered. She tried to stop herself from trembling but failed.

"Speak! Have you gone mute?" Minkyung suddenly shouted at her. She was expecting some kind of respond to her last statement but grew impatient when she heard none. Minkyung walked up to Park sang-gung and squatted down. With a strong force, she gripped Park sang-gung's neck and pulled her up.

"You are showing me disrespect now that I am no longer the Queen Consort?" Minkyung said as she tightens her grip. Park sang-gung struggled. Her face turned pale as seconds go by. She continued to struggle for air.

"No, Lady Jung." She croaked, hoping that Minkyung would loosen the grip. At this rate, she will really end up dying in Minkyung's hand!

Giving her head attendant an intense glare for a moment, Minkyung finally released her grip. Park sang-gung immediately gasped for air.

"GET OUT!" Minkyung screamed at the top of her lung. She gave a big push to Park sang-gung.

Losing her footing, Park sang-gung fell onto the floor. But she quickly got up and scrambled out of the room. She fears that if she remains in Minkyung's sight for another second, Minkyung might really kill her.

"WHY IS NOTHING GOING MY WAY?" Minkyung screamed loudly.

She happened to pass by her mirror. For a moment, she stared into her own reflection. She sees tears running out from her eyes. Those tears rolled down her smooth cheek.

"Why am I always the one losing everything?" She whispered. "Why are my things always getting taken away? Why is the world so unfair?"

"How can they do this to me?" She dropped down to her knees. "What exactly did I do wrong? Is it wrong to fight for something?"