Chapter 6: Past Thoughts & Present Feelings

Rose was in her last class of the day. The students were busy reading a chapter about the various wand techniques. Leaving her mind wide open for wandering thoughts. She tapped her thighs anxiously ready to be home and in Griffon's arms.

She needed to... to be perfectly honest Rose wasn't sure what she needed. All she knew was that she had to see Griffon. She needed to be in his arms and have him reassure her that life as she knew it hadn't just imploded. Damn him

Rose checked the clock, pleased to see that time was up. Turning back to her students she announced, "Class dismissed." They let out their own sighs of relief and packed up their stuff, rushing for the door. "Don't forget to read the chapter on how wand cores can affect your charm skills!" She called after their retreating backs.

A few students groaned, but no one offered any verbal complaints. Not that those would have deterred Rose in the slightest. She was used to the complaints about assignments. She pushed her students hard, only because she wanted and expected the best from them.

That is what made her a good professor. It wasn't egotistical of Rose to admit that she was a great professor, because it was obvious to anyone how much she cared and dedicated her life to her students. It was a lot of responsibility to have the minds of the young in her hands. It was up to her to shape and mold them and Rose did not plan to let anyone down.

Once the room emptied out, Rose collapsed on top of her own desk (which was parchment free, much to her amazement) and let out a strangled sigh to match the conflicted emotions raging on within her.

She still could not fathom the fact that he was back. Scorp continued to play in her mind during class. Rose was ashamed that she let it distract her from doing her job. That shame didn't stop her from thinking about him. She couldn't help but think of him. It had been so long since she let herself think about the thoughts locked away labeled, "OFF LIMITS." Now that the memories were out in the open, there was no hope of getting them back in the vault. Damn him

Rose's forehead still tingled from where his lips connected with her skin. Even though Scorpius had been gone for over two hours now, she could still feel his presence. His scent followed her around the classroom as she looked over her student's work. His voice rang in her ears when she found herself with a moment of silence. His eyes danced across her memory and more than once she found herself daydreaming about moments she locked away the instant he left. He consumed her every thought and every point of her being. Damn him.

"Damn you!" Rose whispered harshly. She clutched tightly to Scorp's shoulders, tucking her head into his back to shield herself from the scruffling feet approaching them. "I can not believe I let you talk me into this."

"You weren't complaining up on that broom." Scorp spit, keeping his gaze locked on the scuttling figure down the hall.

"That's because I wasn't about to get in trouble." Rose's voice shook at the last word, revealing just how truly frightened she was. Her heart was beating wildly out of her chest. She couldn't get caught. She'd never had detention before in her life. Now was not the time to start.

When Scorp approached her at dinner, insisting they go out to the pitch so he could practice for upcoming quidditch tryouts, Rose was hesitant. Scorp was a shooing for the team. There was no way he wasn't going to make it. Why would he need practice?

Plus it was only the first week of classes and she had a mountain of homework waiting to be scaled. She didn't have time to be out. Then he looked at her with his big grey eyes and said please. She caved. She always caved where he was concerned.

They went out to the pitch and practiced for hours. Rose didn't realize how late it had gotten until suddenly the sun was gone, the moon was high in the sky, and they were way past their curfew.