Chapter 5

3/21/19 at 2:11 pm: Oh, hello, Writer's Block. Nice to see you again. Been a while. Ugh, fuck...  Okay, let's do this shit. If this chapter and the following ones are kind of shit, this is why. My b, I guess. Oh, Jesus, I just tried to type Prince and typed Roman... Wow, that's something...
                 at 4:27 pm: Is this why I have depression? Like, my headaches are back, I'm hopelessly crushed. Oh my god, Writer's Block is going to be the death of me. End me now? K, thanks. Yeah, this shit's gonna be shorter because I don't have any more fluff that I can shove in to make it better.
4/2/19 at 10:39 pm: By the way, I have standardized testing all next week so if I miss an upload, I'm sorry. These tests literally make it feel like prison. I'm not joking; if I even touch my phone, even when I'm done with the test, I have to be investigated by the state to make sure I wasn't cheating... Yeah...
4/4/19 at 5:39 pm: Late post. My bad. I was kinda hoping today was Friday...

"Really, Roman?  You're going alone?" Madison asked, stabbing her salad with her fork.  "There are plenty of women literally begging you to go to the ball with them like some Prince Charming."

Roman couldn't help but roll his eyes.  "So?  They're all... boring."  He forced a laugh.  They really were all lovely women, he thought sadly.

---

Thomas stopped Virgil before he could go into his classroom.  "Hey, can we talk about yesterday?"

Virgil could practically feel the bruise burning into his cheek.  "Yeah?  Yeah, what-what about it?"  He didn't want to talk about it; he just wanted to go inside and sit in the back on his phone.

"Did someone hit you?  Is that what happened?  Was it your uncle?"  He looked genuinely concerned.

Virgil could no longer stare into his friend's chocolate brown eyes.  His head dropped.  "No, I, uh...  I fell."

"Is everything okay?" someone asked.

Virgil looked up to see Roman and groaned.  Roman would not see him weak, so Virgil shook Thomas's hand off of his arm.  Putting on his best glare, he answered, "Fine."  He ducked into the classroom before Thomas could press.

"Hey, are you alright?"

Virgil took his seat, setting his backpack on the floor.  He cocked an eyebrow at the person in front of him.  Who the hell did Roman think he was, prying into Virgil's life?  "Peachy."  He took out his phone then realized the other teen was still staring at him.  He looked up into the weirdo's hazel eyes.  "Now go away."

---

Why was he so cold?  That man...

The thoughts failed to compute as Roman sat down.  That man, whoever he was, looked and acted like he needed help.  And that bruise on his cheek...

"Virgil, please put down your phone.  Class is starting."

Roman looked up at the teacher, snapping out of his thoughts.  His eyes traveled to where everyone else was looking.

Brown, messy bangs.  Dark brown eyes.  Complete black clothing.

Virgil.  The name suited him.  Roman blinked a few times and looked away, telling himself not to stare.  His heart fluttered as he repeated the name over in his head.

Virgil.