CHAPTER 3

I dizzily get home after a job well done.."what job? ...I just went to school and fooled around" I mutter under my voice

Before I know it, it's night fall and my sister, the helper and mom head out for their occasional girls night, with my phone charged I text Jess and we have a long conversation, half of it just emojies but nevertheless I enjoy every second of it. We end it with our "I lobe you" messages and I fall asleep.
My alarm sounds at about 2oclock and it's silent. A bit too silent if you ask me. I knew something is not right. I look around the house and my family is not here, that's when it worries me.

I launch myself downstairs and click open the TV...the blank cold plasma switches on. Braking the eerie silence...and luckily my mom records the news every time she leaves and that's when I see it. Once again people's obsession for money and fame ends up taking a turn for the worst. The military was experimenting on humans and how they would take to vampire bats and wolf DNA...I sarcastically laugh and chuckle the fact that I'm screwed. But I ask myself...."what happened to life? Did everyone die over night?"

I quickly jot up stairs to get my phone and switch it on....'great 100% battery but no service...could it get any-' I'm cut off by a bang at the door...I look through the window and my eyes fill with tears. I just witnessed someone being ravaged by a vampire...it was a 5year old boy...he helplessly fell on the floor and stuttered back while the monster relentlessly bites on his neck...a yelp escapes my mouth in fear,

... Then it stops!. It then turns to look my direction and I quickly hurdle and fall backwards and lend on my butt. I run for the umbrella placed behind on the door on the umbrella stand and think to myself "who am I fucking kidding?" The vampire strikes the door with hard force and I push the door the opposite direction trying to reinforce it with my own strength but it's no use...just when I thought it was over for me....dawn....I have never been so happy to see sunrise in my entire life.

The vampire flees. And I pray. Harder then I ever have. I quickly run out to check on the boy but all I find Is a puddle of blood and a trial which I don't think would have been a good idea to follow. I make my way to my room and look for suitable clothes to put on. This is what I was preparing for. I knew this day would come but I didn't expect it to come this fast....and all I could think about was my family that left and never returned and the next thing I remember was tears uncontrollably rolling down my dark brown cheeks. And I pause for a moment and cry.

I gather myself then I go grab the largest backpack I could find....I look through the key hanger and I see the BMW keys, and I don't think twice.
I grab all the supplies I need, my phone practically useless but I still keep it just in case. I start the engine and it purrs beneath me, a slight smirk fills my face and my survival instincts kick in, I know if I plan on making it, I need to find food,shelter and petrol ,cars don't run on water.

And the universe seems to like making things harder for me. Just when you think you are home free...load shedding kicks in.

I am interrupted by a huge bang that echoes through out the deserted streets...I flinched and abandon the car to take a look  as I turned back...a werewolf! In the middle of the day... Is that even possible!?

I hide behind a wall and peep from the corner and I whimper as I watch it performing surgery on it's victim, digging it's claws in his chest and pulling out his heart and then going for his eyes... again I fail to hold myself and a yelp escapes. It turns and sniffs at the air hungrily then it stares at me with its pail,almost lifeless dog eyes, and that's when I run for it, my sweat trickling down my neck as I pant, I trip and fall forward in what looks like dog shit and that's all it took to save me.
I guess it must have masked my scent because as I crept to look from the corner I saw the wolf turn to feast on its previous pray.
That Was a close call -