[Chapter 002] - Making New Friends

[Astrid's Point Of View]
............................................................

Who was he? Why can't I get him out of my head? He was so ... so different. I don't know what's with me, but I just can't forget his sweet smile. I really wish I could find out what's going on with me.

"Astrid, wake up!" I hear Ruffnut whispering into my ear. I shivered with fright.

"Ruff, why did you do that?" I groaned a little annoyed. I then just realized that I had been sitting and starring in the air for half an hour.

What is happening to me?

"Stop the daydreaming... at least wait till we're done with class " Ruffnut laughed and looked back at the blackboard. I quickly flick through the pages of the book until I reached the page we were at. I really tried my best to look casual and act as nothing had happened.

...

After class, it was time for a short lunch break. Ruffnut and I went together down to the cafeteria to get something to eat.

I still couldn't get him out of my head. Could I at least know what his name was?

We went into the cafeteria, took a tray with food and went to our usual table.

"Hey, guys," Ruffnut greeted as we arrived at the table where our friends already had taken their seats. We always used to have lunch with my good friends: Elsa, Jack, Anna, Fishlegs, Snotlout, and Tuffnut. They were all there right now except for Jack.

We sat down and started talking a little.

"So, have you seen the new boy," Elsa asked quietly as she leaned in forward interest.

Tuffnut and Fishlegs just looked questioningly at each other. "New boy?" they asked in unison.

"Yes, he should be starting here today" Anna continued. "I've heard that he's the Mayor's son," she pointed out.

"You're not thinking about my cousin, are you? He's also starting here at Berk High," Snotlout said.

"Your cousin?!" Ruffnut exclaimed. "Why haven't you told us that your uncle is the Mayor?!"

"Arh, it's nothing to brag for," Snotlout said, taking a big bite of his sandwich. He tried to act casually while we just stared at him.

Ruffnut smirked and looked at me. "Astrid already met him earlier" she laughed.

The conversation was quickly interrupted by a voice from behind. "Hey, guys, I have a friend I think you should meet".

We all looked up and saw Jack standing there with a friendly smile. Right beside him, was the hot guy I crashed into earlier.

"This is my very good friend, Hiccup," Jack said and gestured at him. "May he sit here with us?"

"Hey Jack, hey cuz" Snotlout greeted and smiled at them.

"Hey," Fishlegs said and made more room for them at the end of the table. They both sat down and looked around at us all.

"Okay, what about a name round for Hiccup's sake?" Tuffnut asked. "I'm Tuffnut Thorston," he said and then looked over at Anna, who was sitting next to him.

"My name is Anna," Anna said.

The name round continued all around the table.

"I'm Elsa" Elsa greeted with a smile.

"Snotlout," Snotlout said.

"I'm called Ruffnut," Ruffnut said.

He was like I remembered him. Hiccup was his name? What a nice name, it really suits him...

Ruffnut suddenly gave me a nudge with her elbow because I was starting to gaze at him again. "Ast-Astrid" I stuttered. I could feel my heart pounding faster and faster.

Hiccup smiled. "Nice to meet you guys, my name is Hiccup," he said smiling, looking around at us all.

________________________________________

[Hiccup's Point Of Veiw]
............................................................

They really seemed to be some very nice people. I looked over at Jack, who was busy eating his lunch.

"So, Hiccup, tell us a little about yourself. Is it true that you are the Mayor's son?" Anna asked curiously and tilted her head.

How did she know that? Maybe Snotlout or Jack had told them, but it okay, they should all know it someday.

"Yep, that's right, but it's nothing special, I'm just a normal boy" I replied. I didn't want them to think I was an arrogant type.

"Do you like movies?" Fishlegs asked excitedly.

I smiled. "Yes, especially Science Fiction movies".

"Me too!" Fishlegs exclaimed.

"Are you into sports?" Tuffnut asked with a laugh and took a bite of his food.

"Yes, but I'm not saying that I'm good at it," I laughed back. "But I train every now and then".

"Do you have a girlfriend?" Ruffnut suddenly asked.

I could see that she got an elbow in the side from Astrid. I felt my cheeks beginning to heat up. I got eye contact with Astrid. She smiled and began to blush.

"No, I don't," I replied. It was a little private question if you ask me, but I liked these people so it probably didn't matter.

"Okay, guys, enough questions, we shouldn't scare him away," Jack laughed and patted my shoulder.

"It's okay," I smiled.

I'm so happy, I have a friend like Jack. He and I have been childhood friends. My dad and his dad have known each other almost their whole lives, so Jack and I have grown up together. He is always a really good guy who can always see the fun in things.

We could hear the bell rang in for the next class so we better had to go now.

"What class are you going to do now, Hiccup?" Tuffnut asked.

"Eh... English, I think" I replied.

"What a coincidence, we are going to have English as well," Tuffnut said, pointing at Snotlout, Ruffnut, and Astrid. "Should we go together?" he asked excitedly.

I smiled and nodded. Tuffnut, Snotlout, Astrid, Ruffnut and I got up and went over with the trays. Fishlegs, Anna, Elsa, and Jack were just staying a little longer, they didn't have to go that far to get to their class.

"So, why did you switch school?" Ruffnut asked curiously as we went down the hallway.

"My old school closed because of new construction," I answered. They seemed to be very interested in me. It was kind of a friendly feeling.

While we were headed towards the classroom, I could sometimes sense that Astrid looked at me...

............................................................

[- Next Chapter: Hanging Out]