'You're all the things I've got to remember'

'Hiya.' A voice says, pulling the young man out of his trance. 'You ready for this?' Joe smiles back, nerves evident, 'I am.' He grins at her enthusiasm, looking around the room. 'You're Joe Sugg right, the internet one?' He nods, taking in the person talking to him. 'I'm Stacey Dooley.'

'Nice to meet you, I'm Joe Sugg.' He says, almost too politely. 'I am absolutely bricking it.' He admits. 'I am bricking it. What if I make a tool of myself?' She laughs.

'Isn't that what we are being paid for?' She laughs, as Joe sinks lower into his seat. He didn't quite know how he got here. It was supposed to be an opportunity to turn it down, now he is here sitting. 'We are all here to make tit's out of ourselves.'

'She knows how to dance.' He points out, the older woman laughs. 'I know that is Faye from steps.'

'Lighten up Joe.' She laughs. 'Do you have a little crush?' She teases, as he turns bright red, maybe he did? Maybe he's just starstruck? 'Awh you do.' Her accent coming through, as he smirks a bit.

'I'm just nervous.' He tells her. 'I've never danced before, only in a club, when I'm not sober.'

'You dance in clubs? I don't really think that is the same thing.' She elbows him in the side, as he turns bright red.

'My drunk dancing is great.'

'Let's hope your sober dancing is as good.' A third voice joins in, he turns around, taking in the sight of, what he believes to be, some of the professional dancers. 'One of us has to get you, I just hope for the sanity of that person, you are okay.'

'Only time will tell.' He jokes, facing the brown-haired woman, with the funny accent, his joke is met with a good response. That makes him happy that they appear to find him comments funny, maybe they won't find it so funny when he is making jokes during the first week of the competition about how bad he is. Because, let's face it, he's never danced before here, he has someone from Steps and the Pussycat dolls. He doesn't have a chance, he would love to make it to Blackpool, but looking around at this year cast he would be pleased if he made it to the second elimination show.

He makes small talk with everyone else in the room, staying close to the ginger-haired woman as she talks to everyone. Sometimes he wishes that he wasn't so awkward, being Zoella's brother he was sort of able to hide behind her at these events. This is all him, this is something Zoe hasn't done. Rather, he is the first Youtuber to take part. The gravity of this position hits him, it seems like such a big role. He can feel his heart racing as someone starts to speak. He listens intently, trying to take in every word that is being said to him.

He knows that some people perceive him as lazy, he makes videos in his bedroom. What they don't see is everything else that he does, the editing, the management company. It's bloody hard work, this was his chance. If he made a tit out of himself, so be it. He just didn't want to let down his unsuspecting partner.

He doesn't know how he manages to get through the first show, maybe it's because he doesn't need to perform on his own. Maybe it's because it isn't live? Who knows? As soon as it's over, his focus changes, his birthday. It's not a big birthday, but any excuse for a party. He's invited the strictly lot, he's unsure who will come. He seems to get on with them all, they have all been so lovely this far.

As he watches himself on the screen, he cringes at how nervous he looks. He also knows that when he has to perform, in two weeks' time, he will look, probably, even more nervous. He studies his mates faces, as they wait with baited breath to see who is the poor girl that has to partner with Joe. Everyone had been trying to get it out of everyone, but they all remained tight lipped.

They all cheer, as he runs over to Dianne Buswell, giving her a cheeky hug. He notes how good she smells. Before long, he's drunk too much and the pair of them are dancing, he feels like an idiot compared to her. He manages to catch up with her, as she starts to twerk on him, before starting to grind on him. He can hear the boys making all these sounds, but he doesn't care. It isn't harming anyone, it's just grinding. This is totally normal for him in a club, and surely this party is basically like being in a club? He manages to move in time with her, if he were in a club he would be kissing her. Except he isn't, he is in a room full of his friends and his competition. More importantly, he knows she has a boyfriend. He had done his research, he knew she was dating someone from Emmerdale. He had never heard of him, if he asked his nan he's sure that she would be able to tell him.

He is ready to go by the Monday, he's ready to learn. He's on time, which is a surprise considering he is almost always late. The crew are waiting for him, as he waits by the door. He hears a 'come in if your good looking.' As he is pushed into the room, greeting his unwitting victim. He spends the next couple of days learning about ballroom dancing and trying to teach him the basics of their dance. He is doing a jive to take on me by a-ha. It's a fast-paced dance, and it wasn't the one he had hoped to be doing. He loved the song, it was such a shower song, the sort that you sing at the top of your voice, not caring that other people might not appreciate it.

The jive and the Charleston scared him, he didn't want to-do either. He would be out on the first elimination, so he only really needed to focus on two dances, he had prayed it would be something less energetic like the foxtrot. Someone in production clearly had it in for him, to be given the jive in week one.

They had got into a routine, dancing for what seems like forever and then lunch about 2PM. Some hours of training seemed to drag on forever, but today they were lucky, it took them over an hour to realise that they missed lunch, it was Joe's rumbling stomach that alerted them to the fact that they had yet to eat their lunch.

They spent time talking about themselves, she learnt that he was a Thatcher by trade, and that he was a pretty big deal. She had never heard of him, she didn't have YouTube, so she didn't really know much about it. She hadn't spent much time with him in the group dance, so it was nice to properly get to know him.

It was on Wednesday that she dropped the bombshell on him, 'Oh yeah, I have a daughter.' She told him so casually, as if it was the most normal thing in the world. She had managed to suppress her giggles, as his eyes popped out of his head, after that revelation. 'She doesn't live here.' She tells him, studying his face. 'She lives with my mum and back in Australia. I miss her like crazy.'

'Oh?'

'Yeah, they decided that, when this opportunity occurred, that they would keep Amelia in Australia, so I could follow my dreams. This was such an amazing opportunity that, we all agreed, I couldn't pass up on.' She pauses for breath, looking around the room as to try and avoid eye contact with him, as she didn't want to give the game away just yet. 'Don't post it anywhere though' She pleads. 'Not many people know.'

'Whose the dad?' He managed to stutter, trying to recover. 'Does she see him? And of course, I won't, that's not my information to share.'

'I don't know who he is.' She says, almost too blasé, watching his face scrunch up. 'I have it narrowed down.' She reassures him, if she weren't such a good liar she would be pissing herself here. She could have some real fun with this.

'That's very rock and roll.' 

A/N Thought's?