Chapter 10 • Dripping Dreams

WARNING: This chapter includes sexual content.

I was confused, my eyes not leaving her widened ones, as she looked like she had just seen a ghost. The silence was killing me, as she refused to look me in the eyes. "Janie, where'd he touch you?" I gritted out, upset as I quickly sat up, now seriously staring at her, which she still hesitated at, making me gently grab her face and force her to look at me.

"Janie.. please talk to me," I forced out, as her eyes wandered anywhere but mine. She nervously gulped out, "w-what I just told you, was a huge mistake." Her eyes finally veered up to mine, me getting taken aback by what she just told me. My grip from her face fell and I questioned, "where didn't he touch you?"

She began to play with her fingers, slowly and almost inaudible, slurred out, "everywhere.." I stared at the bedsheets, feeling myself getting enraged. "What should I do about this?" I angrily asked, making her gaze at me, "nothing, please. I-I was just-" I cut her off, by getting up from the bed and grabbing her phone off of the nightstand.

"What's your password?" I questioned, turning her phone on. Making her sit up, I veered away from her phone and looked at her. "Since you're not cooperating, maybe.. what's that assholes name again?"

She began vigorously shaking her head, "Stephen, please stop!" She breathed out, making my anger begin to belittle as she looked like she was about to burst into tears.

I set her phone down and took a deep breath as I slowly sat on the edge of the bed, making her move away from me.

"I don't want to talk about it, especially when I feel like this," she frowned, finally staring at me.

"Will you talk to me about it tomorrow, then?" She gave a hesitant nod, going back to not staring at me anymore. As she placed her head back on the pillow and turned her back to me, scooting far away from me. Allowing me to feel even worse than I did, pressuring her to tell me something so serious while she was drunk. But I was worried, how could I not be?

A guy like him, touched her. I couldn't bare to look at her right now, because when I looked at her, I thought of what she said and how she said. She admitted he touched her in places he wasn't suppose to touch her, or a drunk girl matter of fact. The thought of that, sickened me.

I slowly laid down, turning myself to face Janie's back. I hesitated to hold her again after what she just admitted, but I still wanted to comfort her. So instead I brought my hand to her shoulder, gently caressing back and fourth.

In attempt to calm her down and maybe me too. I was heated, just thinking of that douchebag. I needed to get my mind off of the situation as it enraged me.

She turned around, stopping me from caressing her back, whispering, "thank you." I didn't know what she was thanking me for, but I smiled. She laid closely beside me, beginning to shiver, making me concerned. So I decided to watch over her as she slowly drifted into a slumber.

I grabbed her hand, bringing it close to my face as it was now my turn to compare our hands. It was my attempt to press pause on my anger and find something to put my attention on. I stared at her slightly red wrist, as that's the one I picked up.

I made sure not to touch it, but instead I just stared, wondering who did that too. Ugh, maybe this wasn't what I needed to put my attention on. I wandered my eyes to her fingers and back to her sleeping self. I felt a small grin arise to my lips and I brought her hand to my face, taking her thumb and placing it close to lips. I continued to stare at her, a bit afraid to let her fall asleep as drunk as she is, making me feel the need to watch over her, so that's what I did.