Chapter 29 • Due Soon

The whole lunch we stayed busy talking about different subjects, but I couldn't help but notice the few glares that Charlotte and Sammy would send each other. It made me feel like they were almost doing it to me.. I sighed and grabbed the trash, making my way out the back to the trash can. I threw in the trash bag, before I made my way back inside the bookstore. I immediately stopped in my tracks at the sight of Stephen leaning on the counter, his eyes quickly falling on mine.

"S-Sorry.. I didn't know you were here. Is it five already?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow in question, making him nod in response.

"Don't be, it's alright." He grinned, making me answer, "let me tell Charlotte real quick."

I hurried down into the isles where Charlotte was located. "Hey, it's five and Stephen's here, so I'm going to head out, is that alright?" I asked, making her set down the book in her hand, a laugh escaping her lips.

"Of course Janie. Well I'll talk to you later," she smiled at me, before I made my way back to Stephen, making sure I had everything before we made our way out. I felt his hand make its way to my lower back for guidance as we made our way to his car. As we went to part our ways, I felt his hand reach down and squeeze my bottom, making me gasp, my cheeks enlightening in red as I turned around quickly, a chuckle escaping from his smirking lips.

"Stephen!" I yelled in a muttered whisper to him, as I looked around to make sure no one had seen.

To avoid what I was going to say next, he immediately got in the car, making me go around on my side and get in. "Stephen! Someone could've seen," my eyes stayed on him, as I put my seatbelt on. He finally turned to look over at me, his green eyes gazing over mine as I began to shake my head at him.

"You can't blame me. Those tight jeans-," he went to say, but I cut him off.

"They aren't tight jeans, they are baggy at the bottom-," I said, him now interrupting me.

"Alright, well they're tight around your ass. So you can't blame me for wanting to touch something cute that's mine," he smirked, making me roll my eyes at him as he started up the car. I felt him bring his hand to my lower thigh, caressing it up and down.

"This isn't yours," I pointed to my bottom, making him stop and turn over to me. "No? Who's is it then?" He deviously grinned to himself, making me smile and nonchalantly respond, "mine."

"Just you wait.. you'll see who's it is," he smirked, before he began backing out of the parking space, making me just roll my eyes at his egotistical words.

"So am I taking you to your house or do you want to come with me?" He questioned, a small smile peaking out from the corner of his lips that quickly fell with my response.

"My house," I confessed.

"Is your mom working tonight?" He asked, making me nod my head.

"But she should be home in an hour," I admitted, making him slowly nod his head.

We made our way down my neighborhood, my eye meeting the empty driveway, before I turned to Stephen. "Thank you for driving me home," I thanked him as I took my seatbelt off, making him just smile softly and nod. I opened the door getting out, going to close it and before I could, he leaned over, cocking an eyebrow at me, "call me later, alright?"

I nodded my head, "I will," I smiled, saying bye to him before I made my way to the front door, opening the front door as I made my way inside, locking it behind me.

I sighed and made my way up the stairs into my room, deciding that I'd take a shower. I turned on my bedroom lights, setting my stuff down before I grabbed a pink, thin pajama tank top and some matching shorts to go with it which had unicorns on them that I've had for the longest time. I grabbed a clean pair of underwear that happened to be pink, matching my pajamas. I made my way into the bathroom, starting up the shower as I stripped down, putting my old clothes in the dirty laundry. I never really stared at myself naked and that was mostly because of how insecure I'd get so I rather avoid any mirrors at all costs.